Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: How Do You Use The Donuts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I really need to read all the cards to see what other questions pop up....but here's one from my last playthrough.

We got a Donut card and since it said to lay down donuts under a any Guard we just used the card and stopped the guard that turn....from 2 rooms away.

It broke the theme but we weren't sure if it was a board game conceit or if we really had to be strict and ONLY use that card if we were in the same room as the guard.

The more I think about it, the more I think we did this wrong. The whole game is SUPER strict on the theme, logic and practical nature of what you're doing (well, except for the guard freezing when you leave a floor maybe). So I think this card literally can only be used when the guard happens on you in the same room. You lose stealth, but you keep that SOB from leaving towards your comrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You can use it from anywhere, they are mail order donuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fubeca wrote:
You can use it from anywhere, they are mail order donuts.

Well that's great to hear Tim!

Thanks for the clarification and the great game!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A small man in a bellhop uniform appears before the guard and exclaims cheerfully, "Donut-gram!" The bellhop hands off the donuts before leaping through a plate glass window. The bellhop pulls his eclair-styled parachute and floats off into the distance.

Seems pretty obvious from the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Tampa Bay Area
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
A small man in a bellhop uniform appears before the guard and exclaims cheerfully, "Donut-gram!" The bellhop hands off the donuts before leaping through a plate glass window. The bellhop pulls his eclair-styled parachute and floats off into the distance.

Seems pretty obvious from the card.

Amazing. My wife will now be announcing this on all future plays of this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We had the Guard move into our room on the third floor while we had 3 players cracking the safe. (we were at B1, he was heading to A2, on his return, before we could all move out, he would find us and we would lose)

Donut is acquired via lucky event and tool draw, played on Guard and we escape to win the game.

We were dying, here all three of us are hiding under the desk furiously trying to find the last number in the safe combination (stupid 1) and the Guard walks in.

We're totally screwed, and then Mr. Oblivious looks around, sees no one to rat him out and stops and takes the time to eat a Donut, giving us time to crack the safe and move two of us out of the room before he leaves the room to continue his patrol.

This game is officially a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
More importantly, what kind of donuts set off a metal detector?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Boston chrome donuts, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.