Subject: Ordering available components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Magdziarz
Poland
Warszawa
Polen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 2016 Gold Supporter
Can I order a component that is currently available in the market?
I can't afford it now but I want to be sure I will be able to buy it in the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm afraid you cannot - the ordered component has to be a "new" one, something that's not currently not available in either the Buy or the Order area. If it wasn't the case, ordering the same stuff into the Market twice could be used as a "destructive" strategy as well, purposefully reducing the number of choices. We didn't want that as the game is balanced around the Market having 4 different components to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: I like Grand Austria HotelMicrobadge: London fan
Not to belabour the point, but what if you can see that the component you want is about to be lost from the market, due to someone else ordering something else?

Could you then re-order the thing that you want, so that it's still available next turn, knowing that only one space will be taken for that component at any time?

Or do you have to accept that you'll now have to wait another turn to get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Magdziarz
Poland
Warszawa
Polen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 2016 Gold Supporter
More questions coming:

The components that have been already ordered - can you place them on the Quick Order slot?
And vice versa - can you order the component lying on the Quick Order slot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cino wrote:
More questions coming:

The components that have been already ordered - can you place them on the Quick Order slot?
And vice versa - can you order the component lying on the Quick Order slot?
Yes, both of those are allowed, and the former actually happens reasonably often - the Quick Order slot and the Order area are separate, and the QO doesn't influence the future market since it goes away at the end of the turn no matter what.

Regarding Andy's point, that is something that we long considered putting into the rules as an exception, but honestly it felt a rather fiddly and forced-on rule. It can be houseruled of course, but even if you lose your preferred component next turn, you have QO to get you out of trouble with a little more effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 fanMicrobadge: Alchemists fanMicrobadge: Deduction games fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fanMicrobadge: Anachrony fan
If the first player makes four orders and fills up all the order slots are they blocked for other players ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls