Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jo
Germany
Pyrbaum
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this kickstarter today and it looks like Zombicide in space. Slightly different enemy rules and a boss. Looks interesting, but needed beside Zombicide?

Anyway, i throw in the early bird. GBP-EUR change hurts! :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, but hopefully a bit more tactically intricate, and the event cards are a nice added dimension, so I backed it.

DO you really think this will be as simplistic as Zombicide? If so, perhaps I should reconsider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i too just found out about this game. i'm a bit worried that they have no actual runthroughs/gameplay previews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely looks like Zombicide in space. Unless they can show that the game is way more in depth than that I don't think I'll bother backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Isle of Cats fanMicrobadge: Small Islands fanMicrobadge: ColorblindMicrobadge: Unsettled fanMicrobadge: The Isle of Cats fan
I quite like Zcide, but I do hope the combat is a bit more intricate - more health per character implies harder AI to me.

The random events add a much needed unpredictability to the gameplay, and the titan sounds pretty awesome.

I also love the mechanic whereby you don't know what enemy is round each corner until you get line of sight of the enemy - could be a midget (too lazy to look up the enemies, sorry ) or a titan.

This has a lot of potential and the theme is awesome, Aliens meets Firefly to me.

Fingers crossed for additional sculpts though because the standard minis don't seem too dynamic save for the titan, and with the quantities in the box I think variation is definitely needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You guys should check out the preview rulebook.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vetj1ezzps6ru40/ETS%20Rulebook.pdf...

I pledged for an earlybird and I'm definitely interested in the gameplay aspects, for example the radar tokens so you really don't know what kind of an enemy is lurking behind the corner so you can never be fully prepared until you face it. The art of the game also looks super cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Finland
Espoo/Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely seems like a Zombicide ripoff. Even has "noise" tokens, the ability to "make noise", hitting your own characters with ranged weapons... I guess the only point in making a boardgame though is to make money, and they will make money from this by ripping off a super successful game, so why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Isle of Cats fanMicrobadge: Small Islands fanMicrobadge: ColorblindMicrobadge: Unsettled fanMicrobadge: The Isle of Cats fan
bradelli wrote:
Definitely seems like a Zombicide ripoff. Even has "noise" tokens, the ability to "make noise", hitting your own characters with ranged weapons... I guess the only point in making a boardgame though is to make money, and they will make money from this by ripping off a super successful game, so why not.
In Zcide noise is almost irrelevant in most of my games. I don't remember the last time the zombies didn't just trundle in the general direction of my nearest survivors regardless of what actions we did or didn't take. We regularly forget noise entirely because it means so little.

At least Endure utilizes noise better by not activating enemies unless they're within hearing range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We've put together a comprehensive gameplay walkthrough that should dispel any fears people might have about us being a Zombicide clone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44tx3ax802rxvlr/ETS%20Mission%20Wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like great fun, and not like Zombicide.

Quick question: When the event card turned off the artificial gravity didn't you forget to push back the firers and targets? Regardless, that's quite an interesting effect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Medic did indeed fire a ranged weapon, but when he fired there was a wall behind him, so he couldn't go anywhere. His stray shot hit the Psychic, but it didn't do damage so it's assumed that it just grazed her with not enough force to throw her back. HOWEVER I did forget to move the Psychic back when she fired her assault rifle. She SHOULD have been thrown back and out into the southern corridor! I can only apologise for the mistake and any confusion it may have caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls