Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason not to allow, for example, a fighter from Ravenloft to choose fighter utility powers from Ashardalon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just general balance. You can really min/max a hero if you allow them use of other hero (even same class) cards to make the game ridiculously easy.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the cool things about getting more of the games, you have more options for building your characters the more you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason why powers are labeled with classes and races instead of specific heroes is to allow using them with heroes from other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
I think the reason why powers are labeled with classes and races instead of specific heroes is to allow using them with heroes from other games.

Yeah, but they're labeled with the specific hero's picture too, and a picture is worth a thousand words

Do as you will, it's your game, but I've found that when you mix skills, you get ultra-uber heroes. It feels like the skills were balanced with the given hero in mind. But if you need your games to be easier, then I guess go ahead and mix skills.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Do as you will, it's your game, but I've found that when you mix skills, you get ultra-uber heroes.

I've never done that, but given that at-will powers are not so great and, apart from the occasional unflipping effect, each daily and utility power is used once per game, I suspect you are really exaggerating this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are some of these broken combos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards to hand but iirc there's a Rogue combo between the sets (CR and WoA?) that can deliver about 8 damage in a single attack making boss monster mincemeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are no restrictions. These are our games, and I really like to mix their powers as long as they make sense with their race / class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.