Subject: SMERSH Second Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.”
badge
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”
Microbadge: I like a small collection of gamesMicrobadge: Friends you make over a board game table can last a lifetimeMicrobadge: Board games keep me youngMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: I have more previously owned games than owned games
Is Second Edition a straight up reprint? If not, what are the differences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Rugby fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
The biggest difference is that the Second Edition now comes with the Book of Encounters (which itself has been edited and corrected from the first edition). It replaces the deck of encounters, which is still available from the 8th Summit website.

From the Second Edition Kickstarter Page:

Quote:
1ST EDITION BUYERS: Gameplay in this new edition has not changed. The new edition provides a newly edited book. The encounters are the same, however, and no additions were made. You have no reason to buy a new copy of this game, unless you want the new box and edited cards inside, but you may want to buy the new promotional items and the newly edited book. On a future date, you may order only the book if you wish, or may order a combination of new and old promotions. This will be made available later on our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
It also has the much improved rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.”
badge
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”
Microbadge: I like a small collection of gamesMicrobadge: Friends you make over a board game table can last a lifetimeMicrobadge: Board games keep me youngMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: I have more previously owned games than owned games
Thanks for the feedback! thumbsup

Are all of the KS promos/extras and other expansions compatible with 2nd Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb