Subject: Exploring/WaterAbilities/LOS/Equip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
So when exploring, it says you need to draw an encounter card for each new tile. Does this mean once per tile side, since there are two sides to a tile?

So water prevents you from using free abilities, but you can still use normal abilities? That is, you can attack when in water? Seems weird

In the rules, it says you can determine what blocks LOS. How do most people decide this? Do you give yourselves the benefit of the doubt? Do you factor in the height of the actual animals? Seems like a vague rule

For the equip free action, is there a limit to how many items you can put in your pack/equip from your back? Like can you only equip/unequip one item? Or as many as you want?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
Microbadge: My PbF character rocks a bannerMicrobadge: Rockin' the DonutMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: This is not the microbadge you're looking forMicrobadge: Peanuts fan
bassman211 wrote:
So when exploring, it says you need to draw an encounter card for each new tile. Does this mean once per tile side, since there are two sides to a tile?
Once per side. And only when the chapter rules don't offer a special setup.

Quote:
So water prevents you from using free abilities, but you can still use normal abilities? That is, you can attack when in water? Seems weird
Yep, it's weird, but probably balanced.

Quote:
In the rules, it says you can determine what blocks LOS. How do most people decide this? Do you give yourselves the benefit of the doubt? Do you factor in the height of the actual animals? Seems like a vague rule
I usually play that if you can draw a line from the centre of one space to the other, that's clear LoS.. no minions or mice block LoS for me.

Quote:
For the equip free action, is there a limit to how many items you can put in your pack/equip from your back? Like can you only equip/unequip one item? Or as many as you want?
You can take each free action once. I play that you can shuffle your stuff around as much as you want, but only at one time.. once you move on to attacking or reading a scroll or moving, you can't go back and equip and unequip again.

I'm no expert, but I think these are fair interpretations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
balzi wrote:
bassman211 wrote:
Once per side. And only when the chapter rules don't offer a special setup.

I'll also add that once a side of a tile is explored, if you go back to that tile, you don't draw a new encounter card. Only 1 time total for each side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Think of it as you have to use your free action to stay afloat. Not that that helps much since you can apparently notch an arrow but not pull out a knife

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
bassman211 wrote:
Think of it as you have to use your free action to stay afloat. Not that that helps much since you can apparently notch an arrow but not pull out a knife
Try fumbling in your backpach while fighting a current strong enough to push you back. Think of it more as you are fighting to maintain your footing/position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls