Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A restaurant can straddle two tiles (or more), provided it follows the other placement rules, correct? i.e. the restriction during set-up of only one entrance per tile is only for the first restaurant, and doesn't preclude two restaurants (or more) having part of their 2x2 space on the same tile, provided the entrances are on different tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
A restaurant can straddle two tiles (or more), provided it follows the other placement rules, correct? i.e. the restriction during set-up of only one entrance per tile is only for the first restaurant, and doesn't preclude two restaurants (or more) having part of their 2x2 space on the same tile, provided the entrances are on different tiles.
We play like this, because that's what the rules say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a sidenote/further question of the above:

When counting distance from a restaurant that sits on two tiles, does the location of the door determine which tile is the "0" tile for purposes of distance? I seem to remember reading this somewhere but could be mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grier
Scotland
Paisley
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

When counting distance from a restaurant that sits on two tiles, does the location of the door determine which tile is the "0" tile for purposes of distance?
Yes

Could it be this thread your thinking of?
Quote:
Hope this helps!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

When counting distance from a restaurant that sits on two tiles, does the location of the door determine which tile is the "0" tile for purposes of distance? I seem to remember reading this somewhere but could be mistaken.
Correct. I have assumed that driveins (i.e.., restaurants on turns where you have local or regional manager in play) use the nearest corner of the restaurant for purposes of distance as the marked entrance no longer has meaning beyond restricting initial placement of the restaurant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:

Correct. I have assumed that driveins (i.e.., restaurants on turns where you have local or regional manager in play) use the nearest corner of the restaurant for purposes of distance as the marked entrance no longer has meaning beyond restricting initial placement of the restaurant.
Yes, that's how I've been interpreting and playing it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not that much to interpret. Again, that's exactly what the rules say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls