Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 504:6x7 [+] 504:x67 [+] [View All]
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you exclusively use the road majority board (6) with connections and such for the final majority (7) scoring on these worlds? or do you limit it to only settlements/capitals? Also, How would you score for deserts in X67- deserts with roads connecting them -giving you no income btw, or deserts with settlements?

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All combinations of 6 and 7 are covered in the rules.

For 76x and x67 you use the side of the board with deserts and you add all hexes to the majority board (including deserts) when they are connected to your capital by road network.
You get income as for all x6y games with no income for deserts but you do get majority points for deserts as in 7xy and xy7.

For 67x and 6x7 again majorities are calculated by road connections. you get points during final scoring as usual and the income and bonus points from the majority module is determined by the hexes that are connected by road network to your capital

In 7x6 and X76 I beleive that roads are just an option available to you, majority is calculated as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so the appropriate rule is:

504 Rules - Module 7 wrote:
TOP III: The player counts the tiles, as described in 6.I and 6.II in (including his capital, 6.I AND deserts).
So you only count deserts with 6X7 (and with 76X for that matter), you don't count them at all in X67.

As for scoring, yes, you use the majority positions to determine the extra bonus points provided by 7.III, except for the desert ones in 6X7. You would also use those positions for the scoring of 6.I. Note that you can only build roads when you have settlements on both sides of the road, so I don't see how settlements limit you, as you must have more settlements than you have tiles connected by your roads to your capital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:

In 7x6 and X76 I beleive that roads are just an option available to you, majority is calculated as normal.
I think this is not right. Thanks for the rest. I think Jorgen has the end part for majorities right.

Thanks!

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
knaves wrote:

I think this is not right. Thanks for the rest. I think Jorgen has the end part for majorities right.

Thanks!

-Doug
The part sounds right to me. The special rules are only for 6.I and 6.II, not 6.III. Thus, you use the normal 7.I/7.II rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my rules for 76x and x67 straight from the rules for income for module 6

top II (7) in games with majorities, the players use the side of the majority board including the column for deserts, so they also count deserts. This does not change anything for this module but the module majorities gives the players vp for deserts.

I stand by everything in my initial post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
majority is calculated as normal.
knaves wrote:

I stand by everything in my initial post.
I meant majorities here, are calculated by looking at the majority chart and road connections (abnormal vs normal). The normal way for calculating majorities is settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper and I were in agreement. With module 6 in position I or II you always count by road connections. With module 6 in position III roads don't have to connect to your capital and you don't score them on the majority board. So playing 7x6 or x76 majorities are scored with settlements as though you weren't planning with module 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls