United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We ran into a small thing playing this today:

When you purchase an assistant, you have to immediately place it in a building. I know that you can't put your worker and an assistant in the same building, but at the hiring phase is the worker still considered to be occupying the building? The worker is done producing that turn, but is he/she considered to be in the building until the turn ends?

We played that you can't put the newly hired assistant in the worker's current building, so you would have to spend 2 coins in goods to move it to that building next turn.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite game is Gaia Project
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow to place a new assistant anywhere where no assistant is (you're allowed to have 2), so placing him where your worker is would be fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Building and hiring is after producing, therefore you can put the assistant a) to the building where your worker was this round and b) even to the new building of this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply! I will add a note to my rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur O'Dwyer
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Building and hiring is after producing, therefore you can put the assistant a) to the building where your worker was this round and b) even to the new building of this round.
Re (b): The rules state that hiring an assistant happens only instead of building, so there will never be a case where a player receives both a new building and a new assistant in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quuxplusone wrote:
AlexP wrote:
Re (b): The rules state that hiring an assistant happens only instead of building, so there will never be a case where a player receives both a new building and a new assistant in the same round.
You are right with the new 2nd edition rules. On Nov. 9th they were not out yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls