Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on the Wargame domain forum last month and thought this game domain deserved to see some action also, still a fun game for me!

I'm a bit late to the 75 year anniversary of the Battle of Britain but dug out the campaign in Rise of the Luftwaffe:

I did a random mission draw for Sep and got #6, supply depot raid with 2 Do17s and 2 Ju-88s. I added the FLAK, Me109E resource against MK I Spitfires and Hurricanes.

It was pretty much a slugfest of the 109s jumping the Hurricanes while the Spitfires tried to knockout the bombers. At first the 109s got ahead against the the Hurricanes while the Spitfires kept getting spoilers from the bombers. But with 10 turns, the "few" turned things around and by the last turn all bombers were gone after damaging the depot and only one 109 was left against 2 Spitfires and 1 Hurricane (the Brits did have their Ace "Tuck" in a Spitfire cockpit). A good bit of tally-ho fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the demise(?) of Wild Blue Yonder and the fact that DVG did many things wrong in their own implementation, one has to work hard to make a Battle of Britain scenario (let alone a campaign) without actually owning the venerable Volume I.

Well played Sir and please write more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.