Subject: Ripping components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Gunsch
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got my new game, super excited to play with all the bits, then I sat down to punch the bits out...
I dont know if I was doing something wrong but 3 sheets, 2 tile and the counters wouldnt punch out like the die didn't cut properly or something. The point tokens in particular all have either extra paper from the sheet or the image ripped off one side. Is this a common thing or is it just me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enemycoke wrote:
Finally got my new game, super excited to play with all the bits, then I sat down to punch the bits out...
I dont know if I was doing something wrong but 3 sheets, 2 tile and the counters wouldnt punch out like the die didn't cut properly or something. Is this a common thing or is it just me?
I don't have this game, but my Railways of the World came with most of the sheets mis-punched. The weird thing the misalignment got worst the more sheets you punched from the top, the track tiles not lining up when placed on the board. The game was totally unplayable. I got the sheets replaced by the publisher.

Email the publisher, I'm sure yours isn't the only case.

I haven't seen a game not cleanly punched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call him
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Roll and the expansion both punched cleanly, so it does sound like you got a bad copy where the die wasn't cutting all the way through. Just email Rio Grande and they'll sort you out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me. I used an exacto knife to finish the cuts and it worked out OK. There were a few rips, but none that mattered enough to notice. Thankfully, the bag hides the tiles except for the starting ones. I didn't bother to ask RGG for replacements, but I bet they would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Sherman
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same happened to me for base game. I contacted the publisher and they sent me a replacement sheet in 11 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enemycoke wrote:
I dont know if I was doing something wrong but 3 sheets, 2 tile and the counters wouldnt punch out like the die didn't cut properly or something. The point tokens in particular all have either extra paper from the sheet or the image ripped off one side. Is this a common thing or is it just me?
With my Race of the galaxy some paper was stuck/ripped on the point tokens.

I played Roll for the galaxy this friday and thought the components was very impressive (stress marks in one cup and non-engraved dice so I guess not, but the paper components at least.)

Maybe it's normal, maybe not I don't know, what's more relevant IMHO is whatever it's acceptable for you or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United States
Hiram
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
mine was fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this issue too; I guess I'll email RGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Zwicker
United States
Grafton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same thing happened to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be creating an inventory of my bad tiles tomorrow morning so I have a list to send to RGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirby
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just attempted to punch my copy and had a lot of trouble; I stopped after two boards. Have you heard back from Rio Grande Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, but it's the weekend. Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same troubles as above. As it was Christmas morning and we were eager to play I muscled through it. It's annoying but not really worth the trouble to replace them for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the same thing on one sheet - seems to be a not-uncommon problem with one of the print runs. Unfortunately the tile I discovered it on had its back pretty badly damaged (the rest were cut out carefully).

I contacted them through their online form, and got a reply back within two business days. I should have a replacement tile in a week based off their estimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a response today. They are sending me the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - I got my replacement tiles around Wednesday of last week, and they look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
mine replacement is on the way as well, at least they have good customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls