Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: What tactics would you use flying this list? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some mates have an escalation tournament coming up this Sunday but I can't go.

I will be playing Friday night though and they have asked me to bring this list along to give them some practice against it;

==============
Escal Feedback
==============

150 points

Pilots
------

Binayre Pirate (14) x 6
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Feedback Array (2)

Torkhil Mux (26)
HWK-290 (19), Twin Laser Turret (6), Intelligence Agent (1)

Prince Xizor (40)
StarViper (31), Veteran Instincts (1), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Advanced Sensors (3), Glitterstim (2)

How would you fly this list?
What tactics would you use?

I suspect the 6 pirates are just a case of try and get in close/block/collide and generally and use feedback array wherever possible - presumably only if they don't have a regular shot - or maybe even if they do.

But I have not flown a Starviper before - so any tactics/approach there ?

Cheers in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: El-ahrairahMicrobadge: Charlie Chaplin fanMicrobadge: Friedrich HayekMicrobadge: Silent Film fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fan
I'm certainly no expert - but with Torkil and all those Feedback arrays you can wipe Aces off the map and they also act as a battery to Xizor - absorbing damage for him.

So have Torkil set a high-priority or very hard target's skill to 0 and surround them with the Z's and whatever it is can be killed without any defense - of course getting to range 1 with more than a few ships is tough against small. You could seriously soften up or kill interceptors or other low-hull ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would fly that sh*t right off the table and start again.

In a Fel Vader Palpatine environment, this list is like a lamb to the slaughter. Xizor holds the swarm together but it's not as maneuverable as a TIE swarm so it's extremely vulnerable. Torkil is squishy and can be shot down at range 3. Honestly, I wouldn't fly this list in the current meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I think you are right about the 6Z being for blocking. I think the intent of feedback array is a sort of plague swarm. If you get something in front of the swarm, you hammer it with a bunch of shots. If you end up at range 1 of the enemy and they either have super high defense or are out of arc, you blow massed feedback arrays. If it becomes a big cluster with a ton of collisions, you can still feedback array even with touching bases.

Torkil is obvious. TLT is always a win. I think Intel agent is a waste without a fleet full of boost/barrel. I guess use him as a blocker as well.

Xizor doesnt make any sense to me in this build. If the Zs werent sacking HP for feedback I would think it works. Nonetheless. I have nothing for how to fly him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all - just for the record - I did not make up this list - it is just one I have been asked to field to give others some practice

I agree it is pretty hopeless list - I think I will struggle with low PS ships to stay in R1 of any decent players to even use the Feedback arrays

It is a bit like a "one trick pony"....I might be able to feedback array a ship of the board - but by then the rest of the squad will be doomed !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well - as requested I flew this squad Friday night in two games
First was against 150 pts of Howlrunner buffed Tie fighters and Soontir - got absolutely smashed
I flew in formation which was probably not the way to do it

Second game was a decisive win against Soontir/Carnor/Vader and cant remember what else.
This time I covered the board with two flights of 3 Zs on both sides and the Hwk and Xizor up the middle

I did not enjoy flying the list at all - but did enjoy the win after getting pumped in the first game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls