A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Anyone playing in Chicago? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Bartkowiak
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm at UofC; anyone playing around, or in Chicago in general? When where? I'm trying to decide if I want to get into this and would love to try it out.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Kelso
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live up in the north suburbs (grayslake) and was wondering the same. I have 3 cores and am ready to go with three deck builds. Would like to get something going in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
There's a solid existing playgroup out of Chicago (And a history dating back to the CCG - long-time players longingly think back on "ChiCon"). I think it's mostly based out of Dice Dojo, but I suggest you contact one of the more prominent Chicago meta players on cardgamedb; PopePwnage or Staton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Bartkowiak
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Okay, so I emailed dice dojo and there was nothing official.

But I'm going to start it up. I talked to them and we can get time Sunday afternoon; they are also going to get some game kits for us if there is enough interest (I am shooting for around 8 ppl!)

So please let me know if you're interested. I'll probably set up a meetup in the near future and I'll keep posting here.

Let me know what time/times would work for you on Sundays as well and spread the word if you know other Chicago gamers that are interested!

Thanks,

Bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Kelso
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested. I am about an hour away so Sunday afternoons would be best for me to avoid getting up early and giving me the morning to do things that need to be done on Sundays. I probably can't commit to ever Sunday but certainly would try to make as much as I could.

Bret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Bartkowiak
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey I made a new post announcing it;

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20936100#20936100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran├žois-Marie Arouet
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this a "standing" event every-other Sunday? What's the best way to find out when this is scheduled - here, the Thrones IL Facebook, EventBrite...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lee
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Member of the BGG Community since 2014Microbadge: I won this werewolf in a top hat microbadge from Level 99 Games!
Is anyone playing in Hyde Park? Bart? I'm aware there are occasional meet-ups at the Dice Dojo, but it's a bit far for me to consistently make it up north each week. I'm also based out of UofC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls