Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I got the Heroes of Normandie Kickstarter - lots of pieces.

I bought the 2 huge expansions (St. Mere & Car.) and wait for the Desert stuff (yes, I like the game very much).

I got this Shadows over Normandie Kickstarter including the extra Battleboards.

And there is the subscription for the mag.

------------------------------------------

I also got a wooden army box (better said: a footlocker) where I can store all of the stuff in.

But I am puzzled about "How to store it". I did some foamcore for my other games and think this might be a good way if I am able to buy some blank game-boxes and make my own inserts for the various counters / tiles / buildings etc.

A buddy of mine bought some plastic boxes usually used for screws / nails etc. but given the size of these boxes and the mostly fixed compartments (size, height) it is not something I want to store the stuff in. Also it looks odd and I get the "tool-shed flashbacks" from my youth.

Any other suggestions?

How do you store / play to store this huge amount of tiles that still allows you to:
a) move the stuff if you play somewhere else or at a con
b) FIND what you need when setting up a scenario without digging thru hundreds of tiles / counters / markers.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have SoN in my possession yet, but for all my HoN pieces (and I have everything) I use IRIS Photo Storage system, which is a case that contains 16 smaller cases. I made custom tuck boxes so I can store each Platoon by itself, 3 per "Drawer" (photo storage box) for a total of 48 per case.

Currently I have 2 cases, 1 for US/CW and another for German/FFI. When the SoN stuff comes in it will have to get its own case, but I purchased that already

Here is an example case (German/FFI forces)

Here is an example of one of the "Drawers" with 3 tuck boxes in it.

I use a Eurolite LP storage case for the terrain boards, which I managed to find on Amazon with a camo pattern Thanks to Allan Doyle for the idea of using the case, it is great!

I use a plano box for the recruitment tiles (they don't fit in the tuck boxes) and another rather large plano box for the terrain overlays and such.

More info on all that here (including links to the IRIS Photo storage and Eurolite case): https://plus.google.com/u/0/+BobKing1138/posts/DRRCuAmfSh7

Or, if you can hold out a while longer, DPG is putting together a storage system that looks rather nice. No clue on costs or such atm.

http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=....0

As with my concept, it is designed for 1 platoon per box. This is still in development, though, so you may not want to wait that long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a company in the UK that makes reproduction WWII crates and boxes and will accept custom orders - hopefully I should have a Packkiste Nr 10 box with slightly tweaked dimensions to better suit a complete set of HoN/SoN in the not too distant future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls