Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Adding variety to the Minitatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikodemus of the UK
England
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have decided to use the hot water method and add a little variety to the miniatures that come within the boxed set that is DS.



To start with the big guys, Zombie Trolls. Adds a difference to each and will make the game not look so samey...

The final one with the two hands on the block (Which is by far my favorite) only had to have a small dab of glue to keep the hand on the block.

Nikodemus
21 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikodemus of the UK wrote:
The final one with the two hands on the block (Which is by far my favorite) only had to have a small dab of glue to keep the hand on the block.
Oh I SO want to try that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the idea.
Friends of mine who played Dwarf King's Hold with me were totally amazed that none of the skeletons looked the same.
Of course the fact that you had to glue them together from little bits and pieces was a big point of critizism of that game in the reviews.
This seems to be a great solution to that!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Thanks so much for the idea.
Friends of mine who played Dwarf King's Hold with me were totally amazed that none of the skeletons looked the same.
Of course the fact that you had to glue them together from little bits and pieces was a big point of critizism of that game in the reviews.
This seems to be a great solution to that!!!
Thing is they were hobby miniatures (better quality and more detailed) while DS are boardgame miniatures. Which are good but don't have the same detail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
These look great! I have used a hair dryer to warm up the plastic, put them into position and then used the cold blast on the dryer to set them in place; I might start again now with similar poses to these!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing yesterday.
Did not think about adding glue to the hand. Will do that now






2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're brilliant! How did you do that?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine are so bent that there is no need for reposing haha! shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
dbc- wrote:






I love the lurching zombie!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikodemus of the UK
England
flag msg tools






A new look at the Zombie Trolls, changed another to have a clawing hand and the block in the other.

Nikodemus
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winter Lady
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
I'm really impressed by the versatility of what you've done with the trolls!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikodemus of the UK wrote:
changed another to have a clawing hand and the block in the other.
How did you cut that hand out without turning it into trollburger?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls