Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these available to purchase anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pokémon GO - Team ValorMicrobadge: I completed the 2019 challenge to play 10 games 10 times eachMicrobadge: I play for the EnlightenedMicrobadge: I would kill for a Citizenship Recognition starMicrobadge: Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
leo_rockway wrote:
Are these available to purchase anywhere?
It was a gimmie added to KS backers of the base game($45 plus shipping? No thanks!). They said it would be at conventions, but there wasn't a Queen Games presence at GenCon this past Summer, and I don't know about Essen or Origins 2015.

I've waited to see it appear in the BGG store, but that hasn't happened yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Patterson
Germany
Griesheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently at amazon.de for a reasonable price
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013WY3P20?tag=article-geekd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the US Midwest, shipping is EUR48... Kind of crazy if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy King
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
You could make your own variant of "Parfum: Secret Essences".
1) Just purchase some extra 6 sided dice from your local gaming store, of the colors included in the set. But you would need to get some that have the same "feel" as the dice in the base game so you could not tell them apart when drawing them out of the bag.
2) Currently on Amazon, you can purchase a full copy of Parfum for around $13.00, and I have seen it at times under $10. You could just use the dice from that game to make your own variant expansion of "Parfum: Secret Essences". One difference is that the expansion includes 3 white dice to use as a wild card, but does not include any of the purple dice in the base game. You could then use all the base colors, without a wild card.

Rules:
At the start of each round, one of the 12 extra aroma dice is drawn out of the bag and placed on the game board. The first player to spend an action can take that dice for the rest of the game. Every time he rolls his dice, he can roll the extra aroma dice too, thus increasing his chance to successfully distill. The extra white aroma dice are especially helpful, since they are jokers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the ratio of flasks to flies on the dice? I assume the base colors are 4 flasks and on the wild 3 are flasks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming communityMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: Box Fart
Randy K wrote:
You could make your own variant of "Parfum: Secret Essences".
1) Just purchase some extra 6 sided dice from your local gaming store, of the colors included in the set. But you would need to get some that have the same "feel" as the dice in the base game so you could not tell them apart when drawing them out of the bag.
They do not have to feel the same as the base game's dice, as they are drawn out of a completely separate bag. Even when you mix them to roll them together, it doesn't make any difference if one of them is different from the others.

You simply need to make sure of one thing when you choose dice for this expansion: three of the sets should match the base game colors (blue, red, green), and one set should be white. 12 dice in total, each color is a set of 3 dice.

Rob Ryan wrote:
What is the ratio of flasks to flies on the dice? I assume the base colors are 4 flasks and on the wild 3 are flasks?

The images on the colored dice in the expansion match the ones on the base dice, so 4 "flasks" and 2 "flies" per die. While the images on the white dice match the black and purple base game dice, so 3 "flasks" and 3 "flies" per die.

If you map images to numbers (example, 1=fly, 2=flask, etc.) for each of the colors, then you can play the expansion with the existing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls