Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I have some questions about the game after playing it for the first time today:

1. If I want to move an opponent's pirate to get cards, but the next spot contains 3 pirates already, can I move the opponent's pirate beyond them to the next available spot (with 1 or 2 pirate) or can I not move him at all?

2. can I discard any card to get on the boat if I am on the last spot before it?

3. Does each of my own pirates I move on the boat get me 2 cards, even if I move 3 pirates on the boat in one turn?

4. If there are no pirates when I move my pirate to the nest, I get no card? if there is already 1 pirate, I get one card? if there are 2 or more pirates already, I get 2 cards?

5. Can I move my opponent's pirates to the boat or the nest to receive cards?

Thx for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When you move an opponents pirate forward to get cards you skip all empty spots and all spots with 3 pirates on. You may not skip a spot that has 1 or 2 pirates on it.

2. Yes

3. You never get cards for moving your own pirates. You only get cards if you move an opponent's pirate forwards.

4. see 3

5. You can move an opponent pirate on to the boat to get 2 cards so long as this doesn't contradict the rules 1 above. (ie you cannot skip a spot with 1 or 2 pirates). You get 2 cards for moving an opponent's pirate forward to the boat regardless of how many pirates are already on the boat but you can't do this if there are 3 pirates of that colour on the boat already.

The rules don't say if you can move an opponent's pirate to the nest to gain cards - but I think you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx for your reply.

I did find this note in the translation of the rules in the file section of BGG. What do you guys make of it?

[IMG][/IMG]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.