Subject: Entering foreign-language games in the database rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
I have a couple games in foreign languages (one in French and one in Polish, I think) which are not in the database. However, I don't read either language, so I can't translate the description. I was thinking an English description would be desirable in the entry, but Google translate gave a result that didn't make any sense. What does everyone suggest? Just enter the description in the foreign language? Try to find translation help somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
If these are new/current games, then probably someone more familiar with the languages and the games will submit them soon anyway (if they're not already in the submission queue), so I would leave it for a more qualified person to do.

If they are old/obscure games which would probably not otherwise get added to the database, then I guess you could submit them after trying to clean up the automated translation to at least make some sense and be grammatically coherent, and include the original language description as well so that hopefully someone more qualified will later improve the English description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls