Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
How do you store your game? I'm just starting out with this game and was thinking of picking up the Go7Gaming LGC-002 insert. Has anyone tried it? Anything else? I sleeve with Dragon Shields and I'd like an in-the-box solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Johnson
msg tools
Personally I cut out the raised central section of the insert, leaving me with 2 "trays". I sellotaped these together, and then sellotaped them into the box, giving me a total of 3 trays altogether. Printed out dividers from this site and separated the cards and bits into the trays. Very cheap and cheerful solution, but it works for me.

Enjoy the game - it can be quite difficult to start with but it gets better as you get more cards and packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use an insert similar to the LCG-002 you are considering, and store the quests and encounter sets in the box, and I store all the player cards in a binder, sorted by sphere, type and cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I think the Go7Gaming insert is really nice, but the shipping costs to
Germany are to expensive. So I have created my own one

I use it for ANR and LOTR.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/118661/box-insert-new-lcg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSealion wrote:
Hi,

I think the Go7Gaming insert is really nice, but the shipping costs to
Germany are to expensive. So I have created my own one

I use it for ANR and LOTR.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/118661/box-insert-new-lcg...

And I actually bought off you as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I store all the player cards, decks, tokens, and thret trackers in one core box using a LCG organizer from the Broken Token and all the encounter and quest cards in another core box using the same Broken Token organizer.
They are very affordable and the shipping is ok, but soon I will run out of space. I do not have everything and my encounter box has still room left for the missing Saga expansions, but should I get into the Grey Havens and the related APs I might have to look for a third box, which is less than ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Be aware that there is a lot of content to this game, so putting everything in one core box will not be possible once you have a few complete cycles, especially if you are sleeving everything. YMMV based on how quickly you start expanding your collection, and how much you want to spend on an organizer that won't always be a comprehensive storage solution.

My storage method has been upgraded 3 or 4 times since I've started playing the game, just because I keep running out of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
Donkler wrote:
Be aware that there is a lot of content to this game, so putting everything in one core box will not be possible once you have a few complete cycles, especially if you are sleeving everything. YMMV based on how quickly you start expanding your collection, and how much you want to spend on an organizer that won't always be a comprehensive storage solution.

My storage method has been upgraded 3 or 4 times since I've started playing the game, just because I keep running out of space.
I don't suppose the Go7Gaming insert would fit in the deluxe expansion box, would it? I think they're smaller than the core box, but I don't have one to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, neither the Go7 gaming insert or the Broken Token insert will fit the deluxe or saga expansion boxes (they are quite a bit smaller).

I started utilizing these inserts in my two core boxes. That lasted about a year. Now I currently have everything sleeved and housed into a couple of custom engraved (the Lord of the Rings: The Card Game logo) artist cases (tokens are in a small bit box from Broken Token and in the player case). As of now they fit everything, but I am almost out of room again. I am going to need a third relatively soon (I have one for all player cards and one for all encounter cards, and it is the encounter case that is almost filled).

I know if I did not sleeve all of the encounter cards I would have more room (and it would be cheaper), but to be honest, I don't want to have to sleeve and unsleeve. I play with my sones and they are not gentle on the cards, thus I won't play it unsleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Williamson
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my video