Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The changes seem cosmetic enough (mostly art, etc.) that I am not sure this really needs a different BGG entry from innovation. Should they be merged? Any thoughts on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:
The changes seem cosmetic enough (mostly art, etc.) that I am not sure this really needs a different BGG entry from innovation. Should they be merged? Any thoughts on that?
Innovation deluxe will be a compilation contatining:
Innnovation 3 edition - with new look and rebalance
4 expansions: 2 previously avaiable and 2 new.
And such compilation will different least by 80% of its content from base game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's essentially the Innovation Big Box, and those qualify for their own entries.

The new edition of Innovation, which Deluxe will include, shouldn't (and doesn't) have its own entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

The new edition of Innovation, which Deluxe will include, shouldn't (and doesn't) have its own entry.
I wouldn't exagerate the "shouldn't". The "new" Through the Ages is only new art and few tweaks to the cards and rules and got its own entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, once you start changing the rules I think that a new entry may make sense. These changes significant enough to warrant that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I would say it would be like Puerto Rico and its limited version. They are the same rules, but got different BBG entry

In Innovation deluxe, they have adjusted some card power. However, those changes can be applied to old version either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
Clipper wrote:

I wouldn't exagerate the "shouldn't". The "new" Through the Ages is only new art and few tweaks to the cards and rules and got its own entry.
They are much more than tweaks in the new "Through the Ages". The new tactics rules alone make a big difference in the game, and the card mix changed a lot (in addition to more than a few cards changing their rules)

Definite meaningful changes to game play should warrant separate entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamezendo.com wrote:

They are much more than tweaks in the new "Through the Ages". The new tactics rules alone make a big difference in the game, and the card mix changed a lot (in addition to more than a few cards changing their rules)

Definite meaningful changes to game play should warrant separate entries.
But the tactics change is possibly ONLY big change that introduced new kind of action - "copy opponents tactic card".
Rest of rules changes are very small tweaks.
- reagain action after playing leader.
Some of the tweaks have great IMPACT on strategies - chnage theat you cannot sacrifice units during conflicts and wars, but you an discards cards to boost defence is minor RULES change.
Changing order of some phases of the round - discarding , corruption.
Most of the changes was reversing some of the design choices.
And 3rd edition of Innovation seems to be also minor card balance tweak to powerful cards making them a little bit less powerful.But in can change strategies in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls