Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Roth
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played scenario 23 this weekend. You get victory points for controlling hexes on the hills.

The rules say I have to be the last one to occupy a hex to controlling it. That seems to be a bit overwhelming. There are at least 50 hill hexes. How should one note who controlles which? Wouldn´t it be easier one has to controll only one of the hexes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had responded earlier then deleted it thinking my response didn't cover the question well. I haven't played scenario 23 but it sounds similar to the last two I played, and my tactic to take the hill was to sweep in from the end while pinning the defenders from the front. With a few stacks of troops, it was easier for me to keep track that the US had taken all hill hexes from the defender's hex to the right of the board, and all hexes not counted there were credited to the Germans defending. (One of the last scenarios I played reversed that, US defending, but the basic idea is the same.) While this may have miscounted by a hex or two, other victory conditions, such as casualties and in the one case, US troops still on the northern board at the end, more than made up for one or two points lost in hex control. I hope this might help in your case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Roth
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that does help. We played scenario four yesterday and my opponent did something similar.

He first destroyed my defending troopes on the hill and then moved accross it to the nex one. This way he moved over alle hexes of the hill, thus controlling it.

In the scenario 23 this is a lot harder to do because of the amount of hexes you have to enter/move through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 14 and 27 and they both have that sort of thing. I'll look at 23 next chance I get.

If you haven't already looked at it, you might enjoy joining the forum at Panzer Grenadier HQ - http://pg-hq.com/index.php. Great bunch of guys and many of the guys who created the scenarios are present there. And you may find more players in your area through it.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls