Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone had much luck running triple Ammo depot and Promethium Mines and building a combat heavy deck. FFG Worlds in 2015 was dominated by high command decks and Kith choke/command. I love running the combat units over command, but perhaps the current card pool isn't there to survive without doing the same. If you ran these cards you could survive being choked out better, but not sure if it will be enough. Obviously this would have to be a Chaos/Orc/AM deck to get access to the Orc Ammo Depot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Rockensüß
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can alwas go Chaos Zarathur with Orks, running Ammo - Depot and Resource - Cards like Promis of Glory.

If you look at worlds second place , it was pure bully deck without attention to command. (Ragnar)

But still in Zarathur Deck, Command control is a necessity, and I enjoy this style of play pretty much with Eldorath :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get to play any of the Zarathur decks since I was near the bottom at Worlds all day. I played against 4 SM, 2 AM, and one Kugath deck. Since non of the Zarathur decks made the top guessing the answer is with the current card pool you need to go command heavy and always run 3x promotion. I'm just trying to get something that works with under played cards is all. Granted the math on Promethium is bad:

Turn 1 -1 Card -1 Resources
Turn 2 -1 Card 0 Resources
Turn 3 -1 Card +1 Resources
Turn 4 -1 Card +2 Resources
Turn 5 -1 Card +3 Resources

Also I don't have the experience a lot of top players have. I feel like many people get blinded by the meta, and don't experiment with "bad" cards. Perhaps I'm wrong. The Ragnar deck did so well cause it was expertly piloted. Are he and Eldorath are the only warlords with tools to actively move and hunt down other warlords?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
Are he and Eldorath are the only warlords with tools to actively move and hunt down other warlords?
Aun'Shi can, though he's a bit tricky to play like that. Baharroth has Mobile. I think I've said in the past, he's actually surprisingly good for warlord hunting, but I'm a bit out of practice. There's almost certainly warlord hunting options for the 'nids. But, I haven't spent enough time with that set to know how to make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing until there are more cards that affect the command game in different ways or until there are more ways to generate cards and resources besides winning planet command struggles, command and choking command will always be important aspects to winning the game in general.

Hunting a warlord is a strategy that still requires card and resource draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls