Subject: Library rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Eilertsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched, but couldn't find previous debates on this card.

Mega Civic rules say Library as:
"Library: you may discount the cost of any other Civilization Advance that you purchase in the same turn as Library by 40 points."

Old Civic rules write:
"Discount the cost of any one Civilization Advance that you purchase in the same turn as Library by 40 points."

We played a game of Mega Civic this weekend with 12 good players. 2 of which bought Library with a hand of 200+ trade credits.

They each was able to buy 12+ Civilization Advances using this Library discount plus the discounts they had from previous Advance cards. Thus able to get most cards at 50-90 points range for free.

We subsequently had a heated debate about the Library card being way too powerful,and the only sane strategy to follow.

Dear Flo. During your testing, what did you find out about Library? And are we doing it correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Vlaeminck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I think you found an error indeed.
The card should definitely read "any one other"....

Civilization Advance is written in singular though, so you might argue it only counts for one... but that shouldn't be the correct argument.

I hope we get a reply soon.
(PS : how many Library Cards are in the box? 18?)

PS : I really hope you write a Game Report in the other section. A 12 player game sounds like a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It did not say "any other Civilization Advances" so I'm pretty sure it was limited to one other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eilertsen wrote:

"Library: you may discount the cost of any other Civilization Advance that you purchase in the same turn as Library by 40 points."

Old Civic rules write:
"Discount the cost of any one Civilization Advance that you purchase in the same turn as Library by 40 points."

We played a game of Mega Civic this weekend with 12 good players. 2 of which bought Library with a hand of 200+ trade credits.

They each was able to buy 12+ Civilization Advances using this Library discount plus the discounts they had from previous Advance cards. Thus able to get most cards at 50-90 points range for free.

We subsequently had a heated debate about the Library card being way too powerful,and the only sane strategy to follow.

Dear Flo. During your testing, what did you find out about Library? And are we doing it correctly?
You found an error. It's really just a little word that makes a big difference.

The card should read: any one other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Vlaeminck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Flo,

Are you bundling up a FAQ to post on the Geek somewhere so we can use it as a reference.
In another topic you also replied to a lot of good questions, of which some of these answers definitely deserve a good place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThierryV wrote:
Thank you Flo,

Are you bundling up a FAQ to post on the Geek somewhere so we can use it as a reference.
In another topic you also replied to a lot of good questions, of which some of these answers definitely deserve a good place.
Yes I believe we have to publish something in the future. We expected this already. We were 100% sure we would soon had to answer questions, and would find some minor errors. This game is so complex in exceptions or interpretations. And we were sure we had to deal with a lot of "In (advanced) civilization it was this/ in mega civilization it is that" and "In Civproject it was this/ in mega civilization it is that" kinda questions.

We are gathering all this information now and get something out in 2016 I guess. FAQ/clarifications/errata. Inevitable on such a project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Eilertsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flodehaan wrote:
eilertsen wrote:

Old Civic rules write:

You found an error. It's really just a little word that makes a big difference.

The card should read: any one other.
Thank you so much for speedy reply. Now I might not have lost the game after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls