Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wildlands Shaman - discard 1 card enrage effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: 1 Player Guild Sock Puppet of the WeekMicrobadge: Solitaire Games on Your Table - Together, we game alone...Microbadge: Dice Hate Me
The Wildlands Shaman has an enrage effect of discard 1 card. When enraged, who does that effect apply to?

The player for whom the Shaman is engaged with or all players?

What happens if the Shaman is still in the quest area and hasn't engaged anyone yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fan
So in this case, if it's in the Hero Area of one player, that player only.

You can only enrage enemies in Hero's Area's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not authoritative and I don't have neither the card nor the rules in front of me...

My interpretation would be :

1 - Enemies become enraged only when in the Hero area, not in the quest area.

2 - to be enraged in the quest area, the enemy became enraged in the hero area and was sent back to the quest area either without time to apply the effect (i.e. before drawing, in your case) or because there is no calm end-effect on the card after enraged (I don't know cards by heart)

3 - either way, if enraged in the quest area, I would mimic the defense phase rule regarding enemies in quest area : they do not activate. Thus, in your case, no Hero is in trouble.

4 - if the enraged enemy comes back to a hero area (if ever), he keeps his status and will prevent the hero facing him - and only him - to draw up to his limit.

Hope it makes sense and I'm not totally wrong here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Mistfall fanMicrobadge: Mistfall: Heart of the Mists fanMicrobadge: I'm one insanity point short of a full disorder - bring on the greater demons!Microbadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Shadowscape fan
koinskyz wrote:
Hope it makes sense and I'm not totally wrong here
You are absolutely right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls