Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Storm
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I get that you can only attack 4 times during the game, and I understand that it gets more expensive (3-5-8-12), but what I am not sure about is, are there any other costs?

Instead of doing an explore, I can spend 3 coins and kick my opponent out of a spot. I get the same benefits as exploring, as well as VPs (average looks like it is 4), and my opponent loses a territory (sure they have already gotten the benefit when they took control, but can easily mess with their end of game card, etc.)

If this is right, then it seems to me that it would be pretty stupid to not attack (at least 2 times) in a game instead of exploring. 3 coins for 4 VP is alot even 5 coins for 4VPs seems pretty good in the few games I've played.

I understand it is a "gamble" because you might get the 2VP chit and not 4VP one, but that is a different issue (if everyone attacks 2 times and 1 player gets 2VP+2VP and the other player gets 6VP+6VP - that is a different problem)

I am fine with the rule, just want to make sure I am not missing anything (i.e. something like you have to spend an extra cube to kick opponent out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Right after you have attacked you could optional build a city in the area you have attacked if you like.

So it's more importand you attack an area you might want for scoring purpose.

But money is really tight in the game so you do have to consider when you attack and where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem van Leeuwen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrakeStorm wrote:

I am fine with the rule, just want to make sure I am not missing anything (i.e. something like you have to spend an extra cube to kick opponent out).
I believe you've got the rule right. Often, at the end of the game, people start attacking each other because of the additional VP. However, since you don't have a lot of workers, it's usually only worth it if you capture territory that helps you towards your end-game goal. Otherwise, that worker could probably score more points by exploring territory that does help you or by going to the agora for (at least) 3 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls