Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aware a few come with expansions, but I'm solely in the market for the Inns & Cathedrals release which doesn't offer one. The other expansions are a little to combative or complicated for my tastes (for that I'll play another game - I only *just* acquired vanilla Carcassonne yesterday).

Anyhow, can somebody suggest a decent online shop that might offer Carcassonne expansions *and* tile bags? I'd like to do both in a single order.

Just curious.. Thanks.

ps: Though it's implied, I'm looking for a bag large enough to hold all the tiles from vanilla Carcassonne (with free River) and Inns with space to spare for mixing them around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The bag used by most people seems to be Crown Royal bags. Getting one is as simple as investing in some booze.

Ikea also set some fairly nice bags which are large enough to hold Base Carc plus all the commercial expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't give free exposure to companies I don't actively support (I don't wear labels or band shirts I don't listen to either). For alcohol I stick to west coast microbrews, and none of those come in a bag (sadly).

Ikea could work, but I figured at least one online shop would offer them.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a sewing machine, drawstring bags are a snap to make.

I don't know of a site that has both Carc and the bags, but here are some bags separately: http://www.papermart.com/templates/09-0-50.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.spielmaterial.de also sells bags and you can even get them with a imprint on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Anarchosyn wrote:
Well, I don't give free exposure to companies I don't actively support (I don't wear labels or band shirts I don't listen to either).

Then turn the bag inside out.

Quote:
For alcohol I stick to west coast microbrews, and none of those come in a bag (sadly).

Then you are missing some really great beers. Traquair Jacobite Ale for instance (one of my top three favourites).

Quote:
Ikea could work, but I figured at least one online shop would offer them.

I know of several FLGS that sell Crown Royal bags on the side but no online stores. Usually they buy them off EBay (where they're available in bulk), or from a local player who buys off EBay.

Quote:
Anyhow, thanks for the tips.

Welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Anarchosyn wrote:
The other expansions are a little to combative or complicated for my tastes (for that I'll play another game - I only *just* acquired vanilla Carcassonne yesterday).

I understand your concern about complicating the game, but in particular, Traders and Builders is a very simple and intuitive expansion (that happends to come with a bag). My family actually added the trader elements to our basic game. My wife does not like overly competitive games (See my review "Elasund vs. The Happy Wife"), but she does enjoy the push and pull that the Goods introduces.

I would encourage you to try Builders and Traders out. You could even introduce the elements as modules (eg. first use the bag, then add the goods or the builder, without necessarily using them both at the same time)

Jugg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.