Phantom Leader Deluxe» Forums » General

Subject: Organisation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I am curious how everyone else has organized everything.

Did everyone discard the cardboard insert?

So far, I've decided to separate the Navy and Airforce pilot cards. I think I need to find a pillbox to sort the pilots alphabetically. Will probably use tiny zip lock bags the different munition types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I was just about to create a thread for this!
I also wanted to know how players store the components in the box, mainly the cards.

I used a counter tray for the counters but I don't know how to store the cards.
For now, I ziplocked them in different small bags, sorted by Service Year Range and USN/USAF, which ends up with a lot of bags.
I was looking for simple cards boxes but don't really know which brand/model to take for this size of cards (I don't sleeve them...blush). No way I will put an elastic band around them...

(and I do have the same issue with U-Boat leader for example (with the same interim solution of ziplock bags))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Game: Phantom Leader Deluxe

Everything fits in the box and is organized and protected
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pasha wrote:
Board Game: Phantom Leader Deluxe

Everything fits in the box and is organized and protected
Gaaaaa waaaaant !!!! zombie
Where are the plastic boxes for the cards coming from? Any online store for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
I didn't realize that DVG make counter trays until I saw this: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gTz8AAOSwYHxWOpC6

Postage to Australia is a lot more than the tray itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
From gallery of Scott Pasha

Ultra pro two pieces plastic deck boxes
They do not fit sleeved cards. They come in 25,50,100 & higher sizes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pasha wrote:

Ultra pro two pieces plastic deck boxes
They do not fit sleeved cards. They come in 25,50,100 & higher sizes
Cool! I've always been completely lost with Ultra-Pro box as the dimensions are not on their site. How the hell could I know if my cards are similar to Force of Will or Mage Wars)
So now I know that their "Standard size" means unsleeved poker-sized cards (i.e. 2.5x3.5 ~ 63.5x89mm).

So cool to know that these ones will fit (unsleeves (I don't sleeve my solo games as I'm the only one touching them)). I now have to buy a ton of them for my Leaders series games
I first have to see how I will separate the cards to order the correct quantity for each box capacity.

edit: When checking on their site, we can also see this
External image

It says "standard cards gaming size" in sleeves. So it seems I still have to be extra-careful which model I choose... soblue And then try to find them somewhere here (non-US) cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
Microbadge: Dawn of the Zeds fan - infection levelMicrobadge: VENOM Assault fanMicrobadge: The Kaiser's Pirates fanMicrobadge: Wings of War fanMicrobadge: Hostage Negotiator fan
Hi

how did people organize the counter themselves ? There are so many weapons and planes : is there a way to make easy groups ? Most of the weapons have two different sides... Setup is going to be a real chore if you have to shuffle so many of them !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
Eawyne wrote:
Hi

how did people organize the counter themselves ? There are so many weapons and planes : is there a way to make easy groups ? Most of the weapons have two different sides... Setup is going to be a real chore if you have to shuffle so many of them !

I can't take a picture right now since my game is at home. I ended up two containers that have about 15 small sections (12 of them are approximately 2.5 cm by 2.5 cm and 3 of them are 5 cm x 2.5 cm). I got them from K-Mart's fishing section. When I lay them on top of each other, the box can't close 100% - it's maybe 95%.

Container 1 has the stuff that I will need for only for setup. After setup, I put it back in the box. It has all the aircraft sorted by type of aircraft. It also has all the bandits (one of the 5 cm x 2.5 cm sections), target damage counters etc.

Container 2 has all the munitions. One section for the side-winders/sparrows then individual sections for each bomb type. I kind of group the bomb types together (ie top left: air-to-air, top right: dumb bombs)
After playing for awhile, you kind of know what's on the back of what from familiarity so I don't need to see the backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
From gallery of elwyn5150

Top right: two stacked containers containing the counters
Bottom right: the container with the pilot cards
Bottom left: target and event cards