Subject: "Bank Job" Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the card Bank Job

Bank Job says: "after a succesfull run on remote server, instead of accessing cards, take the credits on Bank Job". Note that this description is by heart, and the exact wording may be different.

1: If I have two bank jobs in play, can I resolve them both when I make a succesful run on a single remote server?

2: If the remote server is empty (it has not assets, agenda's or upgrades), but only ice. Can I still use Bank Job, since there are no cards to access?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, you pick one and also you can take any number of credits on Bank Job, you don't have to take them all if you don't want to.

2. Yes, the only time this wouldn't happen would be if it was an ICE-less server and they have Jackson in there and use him (this is because the server ceases to exist and the run is neither successful nor unsuccessful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
Jackson or any asset with a trash ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-André Gaumond
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geert Vinaskov wrote:
About the card Bank Job

Bank Job says: "after a succesfull run on remote server, instead of accessing cards, take the credits on Bank Job". Note that this description is by heart, and the exact wording may be different.

1: If I have two bank jobs in play, can I resolve them both when I make a succesful run on a single remote server?

2: If the remote server is empty (it has not assets, agenda's or upgrades), but only ice. Can I still use Bank Job, since there are no cards to access?
1. No, because Bank Job says its ability replaces the access. So after triggering the first one, you have no access to replace to trigger the second one. Note that this is an important mechanic for other pairings, like using Eater during an Account Siphon run. Eater prevents you from accessing more than 0 cards, but Account Siphon replaces the access with another "ability", so this is fine (Eater doesn't replace the access, it just diminishes it to 0 cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important:

When using replacement effects, I'm pretty sure you can only use 1.

As in, Eater->Account Siphon->Take Credits->Also Install Utopia Shard.

If you were to Eater->Account Siphon->Choose to Access Cards (even though Eater makes this number zero)->THEN you could install Utopia Shard.

It's the same way you can't use Security Testing in conjunction with a Bank Job on a naked remote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls