D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lemon loverMicrobadge: LibraMicrobadge: Year of the Dog
I just received Moongha in the mail, my first ever backed Kickstarter project but certainly not the first I receive .

I'm really surprised at the amount of content there is in this box, it's huge, heavy and full of bits. For what the game cost us this is the amount of content you would get back in the old days... like 3 years ago when production costs were cheaper.

Because there are more important things than getting your stuff in time, like keeping your word even if costs you your company, thank you!

Anyway, I'm really hoping we like the game!

From gallery of skyzo

PS: I never really cared for ASiE's poster but even if I did I would totally forgive and forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
Germany
flag msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
Microbadge: Incessant ComplainerMicrobadge: MomMicrobadge: It's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Log. It's Log. It's better than bad it's goodMicrobadge: 'Obey gravity. It's the law!'Microbadge: I yell at people out my car window when I drive by them.

I really did not want to comment on this affair anymore, but this thread is ridiculous.

Yes, there are more important things than delivering a game in time.

Find a cure for cancer, feed the hungry, save the environment... MW is not dealing with these things, he is dealing with boardgames.

He made several promises in the Kickstarter and he took his backers money for it. He did not deliver on his promises, as has been discussed in several previous threads. So much to KS promises, what about the final product?

The sculpts are quite good and the figures are really big, but:

The miniatures are of extremely soft (cheap) plastic. They stink. Even after repeated washing, they smell stronger than any other boardgame or tabletop miniature I know. As other threads show, I am not the only one with this problem. Rating: worst of any boardgame I have come across. Well, I've had some game smell of rot, because they were not sufficiently dried at the printer, but Moongha stinks far worse.

Several of the figures have massive seam lines, which require cutting. Again, worst of any boardgame I have come across (a priori excluding games, that require assembly).

Since the first bath in clean hot water to bend the terribly malformed figures straight, the models even turned partially greyish in crevices, as if they were covered with dust. Actually, on the first play I was asked why the figures looked so dusty. Again, terrible quality.

So, final product quality? You can guess the answer.

On the plus side, the game is quite entertaining.

Are you implying that Treefrog went out of business because of Moongha? MW never stated that and he produced several other games while waiting on his chinese Moongha manufacturer to tell him that production could not start, until he got all necessary files. Also, they asked the same price as on KS at Essen (according to reports even less on sunday).

So, thanks for what? If you preordered and payed for your next iPhone a few months ahead only to be told that you would not be getting your product for the next 2.5 years, the phone would be far bigger than you hopped for, but the material used were far cheaper, would you say thanks? Is MW your personal friend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Microbadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome Black Box fanMicrobadge: Food Chain Magnate fan
livio wrote:

I really did not want to comment on this affair anymore.
Prove it. Just stop typing. It's easy. Start by not replying to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Incessant ComplainerMicrobadge: MomMicrobadge: It's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Log. It's Log. It's better than bad it's goodMicrobadge: 'Obey gravity. It's the law!'Microbadge: I yell at people out my car window when I drive by them.
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
livio wrote:

You deliberately misquoted me.

I did not say:
"I really did not want to comment on this affair anymore."

I did say:
"I really did not want to comment on this affair anymore, but this thread is ridiculous."

Some Salomonic wisdom for you:
"He who rebukes a man will afterward find more favor Than he who flatters with the tongue." - Proverbs 28:23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Microbadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome Black Box fanMicrobadge: Food Chain Magnate fan
livio wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
livio wrote:

You deliberately misquoted me.
No I didn't, I just omitted this bit I wasn't replying to. Your reply is certainly ridiculous. Comparing a very well established mass market product to a kickstarter immediately invalidates any good points you may have had, so nothing else is even worth reading. But anyway, given you clearly DO want to keep replying, I'll let you have another last word, as I won't reply to you on this thread again. Go on ... you know you want to fall into a really crude reverse psychology trap ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Comparing a very well established mass market product to a kickstarter...
What are you talking about? Where did I do that?

And what difference would it make about the final product quality of Moongha? Does it smell less because it's Kickstarter? Seriously?

(See that quote? No misleading full stop)

PS: Read properly plz. I said I didn't want to comment on this anymore - that's past tense. Things changed with this thread, obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Swiss flag is square!Microbadge:  Microbadge: Unix programmerMicrobadge: This place intentionally left blank.Microbadge: I obsess over microbadge alignment
Someone bring that person a copy of the AH Nexus Ops right away!

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
Haha you washed and cut your minis. There's gotta be some Salomonic wisdom about that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
clydeiii wrote:
Haha you washed and cut your minis. There's gotta be some Salomonic wisdom about that too.
Wow, this post does not just sound like it's from Nelson (The Simpsons), it's about as substantial.

PS: Reading deficiency seem to be really widespread on BGG. Where did I say, I cut my Moongha minis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
heart #clydestirsthepot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Millar
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Nintendo Switch fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Rage Against The Machine fan
livio wrote:
Where did I say, I cut my Moongha minis?
livio wrote:
Several of the figures have massive seam lines, which require cutting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Parkland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Call of Cthulhu RPG fanMicrobadge: Call of Cthulhu RPG fanMicrobadge: Rampage fanMicrobadge: Paranoia RPG fanMicrobadge: The Black Goat - Lord of the Woods
As I read it, the first post in this thread is intended to be a compliment.

It describes that this game is substantial and that even though it took forever to deliver, and experienced many setbacks, the design quality implied by the original Kickstarter proposal was upheld.

I agree with this. If you have a problem with the miniatures, clean them up, then spray them with a sealer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls