Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says:
Quote:
The first player to complete all 4 Objectives wins. If you both do on the same round, ...
The second line suggests that you complete the round. Do you only complete the player's actions, or do you also resolve the event for that round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smolen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Silver game player. At least 1,000 logged game plays!Microbadge: I make my own inserts
Purple wrote:
The rulebook says:
Quote:
The first player to complete all 4 Objectives wins. If you both do on the same round, ...
The second line suggests that you complete the round. Do you only complete the player's actions, or do you also resolve the event for that round?
Any clarification on this? The rulebook seems to indicate that you keep going until someone has finished all four, however the last event drags everyone back to Orleans and after that is a "fin". What happens if you get to the last event and no one has completed all four objectives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple wrote:
The rulebook says:
Quote:
As you have to play by standard rules i would say you have to do the event aswel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
smolz wrote:
Purple wrote:
The rulebook says:
Quote:
Any clarification on this? The rulebook seems to indicate that you keep going until someone has finished all four, however the last event drags everyone back to Orleans and after that is a "fin". What happens if you get to the last event and no one has completed all four objectives?
From reading the rules i believe you just move the marker back to the first event. The wording for the end game is different for dual then for any other secnario and base game.

All other scenario's and base game give and end game by when the last event is finished the game is over and with dual the game end comes only from a player or player's that have finished the objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get a definitive ruling on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozef Merges
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mb
Can we? I am also interested in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some clarification on this would be nice indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears the designer answered that both players lose if nobody finished by the end of the 16th round. I like that ruling.

Re: Duel - few questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls