Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I realized about the scyline that these minions and captains are on and off the board and did not require the detail that the heroes bosses did/do, so 3-5 base colors a simple black wash and then highlights and tiny bit of dry brushing... my 9 year old daughter painted the lairs....

Happy to have myth off the painting cue love the minis and enjoyed painting for most of them(the scyline eyeballs and skin were pain for a new/novice painter like myself)... cannot wait for the new cards to arrive and start playing again....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like good work. Especially for a novice as you say.
try glueing a little bit of static grass to the bases. It really makes a big difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm, will do about the grass. basing minis seems to be the next thing to learn .... that said I learned a ton about painting minis... worse thing was when I went to matte varnish a large set of myth and it frosted on half of them...I was VERY mad... able to somewhat remove the frosting with a paint on varnish.. but some of the minis remain frosted here and there... I was disheartend to say the least. but I painted the minis to be nice to look at but functional rather than display pieces... so sic vita.

Next on my cue is blood rage try to finish before the winter holidays... the monsters will get the works... but the warriors will be simple....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathis Lurtz
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats
I'm just half a torchbearer, one twilight knight and Urulok behind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls