Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Magic: The Gathering» Forums » General

Subject: Commander 2015 Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Gathering [+] Magic [+] MtG [+] Commander [+] Magic_the_Gathering [+] [View All]
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
You can now buy all the 2015 Commander decks. Our group is pooling together to make the whole lot cheaper.

What are people's thoughts on the new decks? I currently use Thraximunder and will take the "Call the Spirits" pack.

There are:
Call the Spirits
Wade in to Battle
Plunder the Graves
Swell the Host
Seize Control

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/command...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been out of the loop on current releases, but I support this idea wholeheartedly. My buddies and I each bough a different Commander deck when Commander 2013 came out, and we had a blast with those. We've spent the last two years casually tweaking them and playing them every 3 months or so.

In casually looking at some forums, it seems like most people are excited about the value of the cards included in the Black-Green deck (yes, I know prices will fluctuate and/or fall now that there is a reprint). MTG Goldfish usually does a financial value review article prior to releases like this. And here it is.

So it seem that White-Red deck might currently have the most value, but no runaway valuable deck. Also, it seems that the person writing that article seems to be really excited about this Commander set.

Maybe I'll pick one or two up along the way. Have fun playing with your friends this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I had the majority of my board game group "get back" into Magic after reading about commander. They all picked up precons like these and have been LOVING the game again, some after 10+ years of avoiding it.

These decks coming out this week are all very solid, and that GB one look BRUTAL.

As a BW player already, I'm picking up some single cards from that deck to infuse into the one I already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they suck pretty bad as far as value goes. Don't look that fun either. Apparently wizards alternates stinkers and hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Looks like they suck pretty bad as far as value goes. Don't look that fun either. Apparently wizards alternates stinkers and hits.
All comes down to personal opinion as well, I may not pick any of them up (own many of the cards that would draw me to do so), but I think they look very good. My only complaint is that they could have put in some "classic" enemy colored cards as key... Vindicate in the BW deck would have been amazing for example.

As for value, as of right now, they are all valued in the $70-80 range if you were to buy all the cards seperately. Those $2-5 cards add up!

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/financial-review-of-comm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Loving you is like loving the dead
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't buy the precons, but I'll probably buy ~6-7 singles from the precons. There are some amazing cards in there. Mystic Confluence and Thief of Blood are must-adds to my Thassa and Ob Nix the Fallen decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These meet my threshold to buy the set. Last years did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I want to buy one (in part) to bolster the BG deck I'm working on.

But precious few of the cards in this BG deck fit what I'm trying to do, and it sure doesn't offer me any help on lands.

Strange as it may sound, I may buy the RW deck to get the tools to support my BG deck. Because I *love* Blade of Selves, I've long wanted Urza's Incubator, and I'd get Lightning Greaves in either deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls