Subject: The Spotter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We've used the spotter twice now. Both times it felt like the Spotter was dragging us down, the power is sometimes nice, but mostly you end up looking through the discarded route cards looking at your card odds and his power ends up being less good than using that action elsewhere.

The event one is better, but with his ability costing an action I feel like it isn't good enough to warrant using, or even play the character.

Thinking of house-ruling it to:
1. look at the top two and put one on top and one on the bottom.
or
2. Making it a free action to look and replace the top card.

Is there something I am missing here? It seems like you give up a lot of actions in the hope that you can dodge a really bad patrol card. We thought we did that once, but the end result of the patrols we should have returned what looked like a terrible patrol card because the surprise one cost us two stealth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I read this as Splotter. Like the game company and thought "wow is this someway to make it super complicated and add lots of math and shares?"

I like the sound of your house rule but haven't played yet to be able to comment very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found him a valuable member of the team. Knowing where the guard was going for the next two turns gave us time to move through a deadbolt or pick the right hidey-hole to duck into. At first we lamented when we would pick up a guard card that was right next to the current destination but then we realized that by placing that card on the bottom of the deck we slow the cycling of the deck and the increase of the guard's speed. Have a bro upstairs in peril? step upstairs, peek at the guard card and duck back down, now your accomplice can take the appropriate action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls