Spyfall» Forums » General

Subject: Two copies, 9+ players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried this? If so, how did it play? ... and what home rules did you use to keep the game running smoothly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried but have thought about it. I'd imagine you would need to have two spies at some point and increase the timer as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add a second spy and a extra card so chance of 2 spies and or only 1. Might want to allow spies to identify each other ala werewolf except that they aren't allowed to dissent in spy voting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not tried it yet, but keep in mind, the higher the player count, the easier it is for a Spy to avoid being detected. It might be possible to add a second spy with this number, but then you would need to re-rule how nominations and the endgame voting works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Whitham
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Easy, all but one needed on a vote to pass and two choices for reveals:
1) if one spy reveals, the other has to also and they can discuss their final answer.
2) if one reveals, the other can't help, if correct answer, both spies still win (after all the other helped by not being caught!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gough
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a game with so many players, I would DEFINITELY add a 2nd Spy card.

BUT

To add a further wrinkle to the game, I'd take a tip from The Resistance and let the spies know who each other are. The resistance does this by following a few easy steps:

All players close their eyes.
Spies open their eyes, acknowledge each other.
Spies close their eyes.
Everyone open their eyes.

Then the game can continue as normal, but spies can either question each other, or avoid questioning each other ... but also divert attention if the line of questioning gets a bit too close

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls