Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please let me know if I am understand the combat sequence correctly.

The player who wins the combat initiative roll fires first and the defender removes units for each 6 rolled by the attacker and flips units to their disrupted side for each 5 rolled. The defender then rolls dice for his remaining undisrupted combat factors and the attacker removes/flips units for the 6/5s rolled by the defender's fire. This completes a combat round. Then the defender becomes the attacker and fires first initiating a second round of combat. Have I got this right?

Can the defender retreat after the first round of combat or does he have to stay and fight the second round and before he can retreat?

I just had a battle where all the defending units were eliminated and disrupted in the first fire of the attacker including disrupting the leader and so the defender had no one to return fire and could not initiate a second round of fire with the defender becoming the attacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dangla
France
Bry/Marne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Have I got this right?"

That's what I have understood.

"Can the defender retreat after the first round of combat or does he have to stay and fight the second round and before he can retreat?"

I think he can retreat at the beginning of the second round if he didn't win the inititive at the beginning of the battle (since he is now the fist to fire for the second round), but the other player will then have his final round of fire.

"I just had a battle where all the defending units were eliminated and disrupted in the first fire of the attacker including disrupting the leader and so the defender had no one to return fire and could not initiate a second round of fire with the defender becoming the attacker".

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Atlantic readerMicrobadge: I create Vassal modulesMicrobadge: Cocktail fanMicrobadge: The owls are not what they seem...Microbadge: Frasier fan
I looked at the rtf version of the rules and it appears to be i go u go (abababab) rather than ab ba ab ba.

We originally read it the way you did and the more I read the rule the more it seemed that the designer intended a normal type of trade off rather than a flip flop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls