Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just discovered these games today and have a few questions.

1. Some threads have commented on the rules in the first set being a bit underdone. Are new rules released with future packs or just in general? If so, do they apply to all sets?

2. How do Pixel Tactics' expansions listed on bgg relate to the game and Pixel Tactics 2-5? How do they all integrate together?

3. Late pledging is over for PT Deluxe, but does it still make sense to wait for that as a new player?

4. Is Pixel Tactics 1 out of print? Will it be reprinted?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Analog synthesis - SawMicrobadge: HomosexualMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Female Strategy GamerMicrobadge: For the Crown fan
1. I think it's just that there's so many possible circumstances even within each of the standalone games in themselves that it's impossible to address in the scope of a reasonable rule book. Conflicts between the various abilities that often lead to questions of which should occur first, but it hasn't really hindered my enjoyment of the game.
If I'm not mistaken, new rules have been added since the first set to address new kinds of abilities, but the other change is in terminology, and I believe the newest printings are meant to standardize the terminology across the range.
I don't believe any rules have actually changed, only the terminology, and thus newer rule sheets apply to older sets too.

2. You can play each entry in the series standalone, or mix and match several sets to include metagame drafting or other methods of deck-building before the game, or just play with more cards per match, possibly leading to epic long matches. They integrate without a hitch.

3. A single game of Pixel Tactics has a huge deal of replayability right out of the box. You could start with one and be satisfied with it for ages, in my opinion. I don't think you need to splurge on more than one set (or on the Deluxe set) to begin with.

4. I believe the entire series has been reprinted in the last few weeks in conjunction with the release of Deluxe, and that you'll be able to buy any of them directly from Level 99 Games in the coming days (or weeks.) Probably from many other stores too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melody303 wrote:
I don't believe any rules have actually changed, only the terminology, and thus newer rule sheets apply to older sets too.
I'm not sure, but it might be that the Ongoing orders rules have actually changed. AFAIK, it used to be that ongoing orders would last a number of waves. I think the new ruling is they last a number of rounds. This doesn't affect card-text, but will probably change play quite a lot.

edit: never mind, I just checked the Deluxe rules. It's waves after all (though this was asked here on BGG before, I'll just have to find the thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

3. Late pledging is over for PT Deluxe, but does it still make sense to wait for that as a new player?

Thanks!
Lvl99 is currently getting complete reprints of all previously available PT sets (as well as 4, 5, and Deluxe, which were not available before), with updated boxes (no more of those flimsy tuckboxes) and revamped terminology and symbology. If I were you, I would wait until these sets became available, and then pick up the one's you're interested in. They should be available soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Thanks!
Lvl99 is currently getting complete reprints of all previously available PT sets (as well as 4, 5, and Deluxe, which were not available before), with updated boxes (no more of those flimsy tuckboxes) and revamped terminology and symbology. If I were you, I would wait until these sets became available, and then pick up the one's you're interested in. They should be available soon.
Really? So my PT 1, 2, and 3 aren't going to be up to date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Card effects weren't changed--just a few rules and terms. The new cards work exactly like the old ones did, have no fear.

Pixel Tactics Deluxe features a complete rulebook that should resolve all the ambiguities in previous rules, and the new rules pages for PT 1-5 are also quite comprehensive now.

We expect the new sets to hit stores shortly before Christmas!

- Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls