Ron Zaagman
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Upper Deck is planning to come out with an official storage solution for housing ALL the legendary cards that have come out? I'm a huge legendary fan and I own all the expansions up through Secret Wars Vol. 1 and I'm hoping Upper Deck would put out a larger box solution to facilitate the growing number of expansions.

I'm thinking something similar to what Smash up did when they released "The big geeky box" expansion.

I thought I remember reading that Upper Deck was considering selling a solution of some kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've said "yes" for at least 6 months, but we don't have any other details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
Lets not forget that they are still in full swing with the expansion release schedule. Although I would LOVE to have a huge box that fits all of the cards in, I'm also very much aware that if they sell you a big box that can fit all expansions + space for (for example) 4 more expansions; when the 5th expansion comes out, you'll just be annoyed that you have to buy another box to store everything in.

Personally I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to wait until I either decide to stop buying the expansions (so.... never?) or until they stop releasing expansions before I even consider having 1 single box for everything.

Don't get me wrong though, it's nice to know there is some kind of plan/idea from UD but I just don't have much hope that it will be more than a temporary solution at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really hoping that secret wars volume 2 will come in a larger box with an updated playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
BertMcCloud wrote:
Lets not forget that they are still in full swing with the expansion release schedule. Although I would LOVE to have a huge box that fits all of the cards in, I'm also very much aware that if they sell you a big box that can fit all expansions + space for (for example) 4 more expansions; when the 5th expansion comes out, you'll just be annoyed that you have to buy another box to store everything in.
It may be possible to produce some sort of modular storage system, though I admit that structural weakness is usually an issue with such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hpark1990 wrote:
I'm really hoping that secret wars volume 2 will come in a larger box with an updated playmat.
We would have seen a price difference for the set if that were true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've still got everything in the Villains box. ninja

Though December's set will demolish that. Not sure whether to separate out all Secret Wars stuff, or just the two Villains sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all in 3 boxes (villains, dark city, and secret wars) with foam cubes to protect them from compression and stuff. I might make a modular box but secret wars is the one I'm using now.

I'm afraid if UDE releases a big box we might all end up with scolio because the cards sure are heavy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
I've still got everything in the Villains box. ninja

Though December's set will demolish that. Not sure whether to separate out all Secret Wars stuff, or just the two Villains sets.
How on earth do you have it all fitting into the villains box? Are your cards sleeved?

I use penny sleeves and I have to have all my "heroes" in the villains box (admitted with plenty of space for extra) and all of my "villains" and all other set up stuff in the Dark City box. I can't squeeze it all into 1 box but there's plenty of space in each box for extra stuff of each type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BertMcCloud wrote:
How on earth do you have it all fitting into the villains box? Are your cards sleeved?
Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Zaagman
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all my cards in penny sleeves and I've got the custom dividers that separate all the cards neatly. I've got Villains and Fear Itself in their own box, I've got Secret Wars Vol. 1 by itself in its box, and I've got all the other expansions in the base game box.

I suppose the weight of all the boxes (when stacked) may make it rather unwieldy to transport, but it sure would be great to see everything in one place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Microbadge: I love red pandasMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Parks and Recreation fanMicrobadge: Marvel Comics fanMicrobadge: "Seize the fat one!"
I wonder if Upper Deck is going to ship a personal trainer with this magical box that holds all the cards. That way, maybe in a couple months, I could actually lift that box without straining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
I wonder if Upper Deck is going to ship a personal trainer with this magical box that holds all the cards. That way, maybe in a couple months, I could actually lift that box without straining.
Dude, are you not telekinetic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I wonder whether they'll go as far as Small World's Designer Edition box. As nice as it looks I can imagine it's crazy heavy and not cheap (though that does include the game itself). Think i'll stick with a plastic box that i can stack if necessary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Yes it will be in game stores tomorrow.

It will be light as a feather, cost only ten dollars, include a thousand dividers, all the 3d cards and a Mat version of the game board from the original base set! YAY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pelton
msg tools
It's not pretty but this is what I'm using and it will cover me for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GLLA26/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=U...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest issue is that I want to sleeve my game and it will basically cost me a couple of new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Unimpressed wrote:
My biggest issue is that I want to sleeve my game and it will basically cost me a couple of new games.
It feels much better when you start sleeving from the beginning. I've sleeved this from the start and it was basically a few £s every time. Of course it all adds up but if I were to buy all of the sleeves now it would feel much worse!

Sleeving is worth it though, even if you only use Penny sleeves (ultra pro clear, they're cheap and they get the job done)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
Unimpressed wrote:
It feels much better when you start sleeving from the beginning. I've sleeved this from the start and it was basically a few £s every time. Of course it all adds up but if I were to buy all of the sleeves now it would feel much worse!

Sleeving is worth it though, even if you only use Penny sleeves (ultra pro clear, they're cheap and they get the job done)
Yeah I DON'T have Secret Wars or the Villians sets. So would spend about 80-90 bucks on the Legendary sleeves. The penny sleeves are too slipper and don't feel like I can shuffle them. Maybe I'll star picking up the sleeves here and there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have mine sleeved in KMC Perfect Size and am pretty happy with my decision. Not to expensive and a pretty good feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Zaagman
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with sleeving legendary. I had that mental battle, 'should I spend the money to sleeve the game or basically use that money to buy a second copy?' I ultimately decided to sleeve and I know it was a great decision looking back, although I did go with the penny sleeves. (They aren't so bad, I bought a huge bulk lot on ebay for super cheap)

I realized I needed to sleeve because the backs of the starting cards were becoming noticeably more worn than other cards. This led to situations where I would look at the top card of my deck and that would affect my gameplay because I could deduce what was coming up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls