5 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Damage redirected and reduced. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Coy Goodson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing as Sky Scraper this weekend against Grand Warlord Voss. I played Thorathian Monolith (ongoing) which redirects all damage to Sky Scraper until the beginning of Sky Scrapers next turn. It also reduces the damage by 2. One of GWV's cards dealt 2 damage to all of the heroes. We were playing a 5 player game. My question is should I have pooled the 10 damage done to my teammates, reduced that total by 2, and taken 8 damage? or, should I have taken each damage separately all of which would have been blocked by my Thorathian Monolith card?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You never pool damage in Sentinels. It's 5 instances of 2 damage; all blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grysqrl wrote:
You never pool damage in Sentinels. It's 5 instances of 2 damage; all blocked.
What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Both responders are right. It's the same situation like villains that do "2 Melee Damage and 2 Energy Damage". First you'd apply the melee damage (2 pts) and then the energy damage (2 pts). If you had a +1 damage modifier in play, it becomes "+3 Melee Damage and +3 Energy Damage" since it's two discreet instances of damage.

Don't feel bad about getting it wrong. If you didn't recall that section of the rulebook on your first playthrough, it's very easy to apply damage incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coy Goodson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody. That's how we played it, I just wanted to make sure our win didn't require an asterisk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls