Subject: Suggestions for replacement cardholder? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost the plastic card-holder (for the key card) on a recent train trip. cry

Does anyone have suggestions for a replacement I could buy easily on Amazon or at an office supply store or something? I tried using one of the Eldritch Horror character stands but the gap is too wide and the card just flops, then tips over.

I do have the app and have used it, but it would be nice to have the option to use both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
You can cut a wine cork in half and cut a slit in the top of the flatter side. I know some PnP's have used this method for character standees before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also use a plastic cap from a milk jug, juice or water bottle by turning it upside down and cutting a slit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Office stores also have stand up clips that can be used to hold pictures or note cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
business card holder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
How about a large binder clip?

You clip the card as usual and then set the flat part on the table. If the silver handles are problematic, they are easily removed (and replaced) by squeezing on the sides.

If you do not have access to an office with a supply of these clips, you could buy a box of them. They are useful for holding crisp bags closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willyum wrote:
How about a large binder clip?

You clip the card as usual and then set the flat part on the table. If the silver handles are problematic, they are easily removed (and replaced) by squeezing on the sides.

If you do not have access to an office with a supply of these clips, you could buy a box of them. They are useful for holding crisp bags closed.
Clever indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of good solutions here, but I'll just add that I use a dot of blu-tac in bases that are too wide, like your Eldritch Horror example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not email CGE to see if they will let you buy a replacement? That seems like it could be the best solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I especially like the wine cork one because I most recently played Codenames while on a weekend trip to Wine Country.

I only email companies for replacements if components were missing or damaged. Otherwise I feel bad wasting their time. (And these solutions are all cheaper than what the postage would be.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Adams
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A clothespin would also probably work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just placing it in front (not behind the glass) of a small picture frame, or is you have a tablet case which stands up, those both would work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Also, just placing it in front (not behind the glass) of a small picture frame, or is you have a tablet case which stands up, those both would work fine.
We propped it up against the box. But I wanted something light and portable as an approximate replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If your phone case has a stand, you can prop it up and lay the card on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
If your phone case has a stand, you can prop it up and lay the card on it.
Wouldn't you just use the app at that point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also those stands they use at weddings and banquets to hold the table numbers:

http://www.displays2go.com/P-15237/Table-Number-Holder-for-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls