Mike
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I did the pre-order a few days before Halloween and got an automatic response from KD that I should allow up to 5 business days for them to fulfill the order.

More than 5 days went by without hearing anything about the shipping of the game so I went ahead and sent a friendly email to customer service asking about it. I got an automated reply but have still not heard back from an actual person.

I understand they have a small team and a few days beyond what they said in the confirmation email isn't that big of a deal. But after a few days of not hearing back from them, I am becoming just slightly concerned. I would be less concerned had they not already withdrawn my payment from my account.

I write because I am curious about how their shipping usually works - i.e. what has been the experience of others that purchased the game during the recent pre-order special and what should my expectations be?

Cheers!

EDIT:

I got this reassuring email message back from the game developer:

"Heya! Don't worry, our orders are going out in batches, Pre-orders are shipping within the next week. Expect an email with tracking soon. We haven't forgotten you.
Regards,"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ocksblood wrote:
Hello All,

I did the pre-order a few days before Halloween and got an automatic response from KD that I should allow up to 5 business days for them to fulfill the order.

More than 5 days went by without hearing anything about the shipping of the game so I went ahead and sent a friendly email to customer service asking about it. I got an automated reply but have still not heard back from an actual person.

I understand they have a small team and a few days beyond what they said in the confirmation email isn't that big of a deal. But after a few days of not hearing back from them, I am becoming just slightly concerned. I would be less concerned had they not already withdrawn my payment from my account.

I write because I am curious about how their shipping usually works - i.e. what has been the experience of others that purchased the game during the recent pre-order special and what should my expectations be?

Cheers!

Well I pre-ordered back in July and still haven''t got anything or even heard anything yet. I emailed and they said they have no order to the shipping it will be sent when its sent. On another shipping post here someone was told that all pre-orders would be shipped this week, but nobody knows for sure. I wouldn't worry about it for now, If nothing by the end of the week email them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Short answer is: it doesn't. Delivery just happens.
Many said things just arrive at random and without notice. Others receive a notification a week after delivery. Some email Adam and he tells me "it's cool" so it's cool.

It's actually impressive how poor purchase to shipping is with products of such high quality and expense.
That said if you've been waiting less than two years for your purchase, I'm told you're still coming out on top!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ocksblood wrote:
Hello All,

Cheers!

I am in the same boat as you. I did the preorder a couple of days before the Halloween preorder and I have not heard a thing. I figured I would wait a few more weeks and if I did not receive the game or further information, I would just contact my credit card company. I know they are a small company, but lack of information is not going to fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeg99 wrote:
I am in the same boat as you. I did the preorder a couple of days before the Halloween preorder and I have not heard a thing. I figured I would wait a few more weeks and if I did not receive the game or further information, I would just contact my credit card company. I know they are a small company, but lack of information is not going to fly.

I can't help but giggle when I read this.

This was literally the commentary for the past 3 years.

Just chill, and be prepared to revel in the glory that is KDM when it finally arrives.
If you haven't been waiting 1000 days, and more like 100, you're definitely coming out on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever back end database they have is pretty terrible. I've received shipment notification after product was in hand both times almost. Base game notification arrived day prior to my getting it, label was created over a week prior. From what I can see, they aren't actively pushing the notices into whatever database is tracking fulfillment. Also I'm 99% sure they aren't the ones shipping. They are based out of NY. Distribution is coming out of Oakland, likely through a contracted 3rd party. I think most of the frustration is stemming from this, and the distribution center's communication with the KD database/website is terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
Mikeg99 wrote:

Just chill, and be prepared to revel in the glory that is KDM when it finally arrives.
If you haven't been waiting 1000 days, and more like 100, you're definitely coming out on top.

There is a difference when you are backing something on kickstarter v. buying something already manufactured from a store/web store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeg99 wrote:
brrrmanza wrote:
Mikeg99 wrote:

There is a difference when you are backing something on kickstarter v. buying something already manufactured from a store/web store.

To be fair, you're buying an unreleased product through a discounted preorder program with an announced ship date for a game notoriously late to ship. It isn't like clicking the buy button for your Amazon Prime. All retail purchases, including the one I just made on Halloween (showed up Saturday 11/7) have been shipped to me in a reasonable amount of time (7-14 days from purchase date unless I specified and paid for a faster shipping option), though rarely with tracking information provided. This has been my experience with nearly every game store I've dealt with on the internet.

My BFKS'14 order for the game showed up 9/22/15. So just about 10 months wait? The proper KS someone let me jump in on showed up the following week, though he did have something like 10 core sets coming, so it probably took time to harness the elephants need to make the delivery.

My understanding is the preorders are coming from their warehouse, not from the logistics partner that did the KS fulfillment for the 2nd wave (base game) that everyone got. I would really expect those orders to take longer to pack and ship since there are less people working on them. Also keep in mind that they did a Halloween sale and blew through a couple thousand individual minis that need to be packed and shipped to people. That requires pick and packing individual orders which can be time consuming for a small operation.

Personally, I'd give it at least until the end of November or whenever the game actually becomes released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Mikeg99 wrote:
brrrmanza wrote:
Mikeg99 wrote:

To be fair, you're buying an unreleased product through a discounted preorder program with an announced ship date for a game notoriously late to ship. It isn't like clicking the buy button for your Amazon Prime. All retail purchases, including the one I just made on Halloween (showed up Saturday 11/7) have been shipped to me in a reasonable amount of time (7-14 days from purchase date unless I specified and paid for a faster shipping option), though rarely with tracking information provided. This has been my experience with nearly every game store I've dealt with on the internet.

My BFKS'14 order for the game showed up 9/22/15. So just about 10 months wait? The proper KS someone let me jump in on showed up the following week, though he did have something like 10 core sets coming, so it probably took time to harness the elephants need to make the delivery.

My understanding is the preorders are coming from their warehouse, not from the logistics partner that did the KS fulfillment for the 2nd wave (base game) that everyone got. I would really expect those orders to take longer to pack and ship since there are less people working on them. Also keep in mind that they did a Halloween sale and blew through a couple thousand individual minis that need to be packed and shipped to people. That requires pick and packing individual orders which can be time consuming for a small operation.

Personally, I'd give it at least until the end of November or whenever the game actually becomes released.

I certainly allow for leeway when dealing with independent businesses that I wouldn't if I was dealing with a megacorp like Amazon. But it still strikes me as a bit problematic that they would say one thing in their automatic response email, withdraw your money into their account, and then not provide you with basic information about when your product will be shipped or (as some posters have written) has been shipped.

And I tend to agree with mikeg99, purchasing a game as part of a special pre-release is very different than backing something on KS and waiting to get it once it is ready. If you are selling a certain number as part of a special pre-release those products should already be ready to be shipped. If not, there should be some disclaimer. And the fact that the company is "notoriously late" to do things isn't a very good excuse for being notoriously late to do things.

The game looks so great, I will definitely be patient as others have suggested and it will probably be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Ocksblood wrote:
The game looks so great, I will definitely be patient as others have suggested and it will probably be worth it.

I'm sure you'll be cool about it... You look like a merry man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
Ocksblood wrote:

I'm sure you'll be cool about it... You look like a merry man.

"I am NOT a merry man!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update for others that may have ordered the Halloween special pre-release release and are curious about why their orders were not shipped within the 5 business days like the original confirmation suggested they would. I got this reassuring email message back from the game developer today:

"Heya! Don't worry, our orders are going out in batches, Pre-orders are shipping within the next week. Expect an email with tracking soon. We haven't forgotten you.
Regards,"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
msg tools
As mentioned above, most people who pre-ordered in July have not received the game or even a tracking number yet. And as things stand it's quite likely the halloween pre-orders will go out before the July ones so you're way ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Edwards
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regards,"

I got exactly the same response a week ago for my Oct 20 order.

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm glad I have mine but I just don't get why they ship out randomly and not by order date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.