United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb

Imagine most posters in this forum either witnessed, or at least heard about, the promo event where Star Trek edition of Attack Wing took flight. By chance, I was able to snag the Enterprise-D from a listing on eBay.

As far as I can tell, the ship I got is legitimately from this event. My question is regarding this:

I've seen pictures of this event with the ships lit up. Has anyone else here been lucky enough to get one of these? I've been trying to figure out how to open it up to put some batteries inside, but I don't want to break it. Help please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Sorry don't know. Just wanted to say that I am so very jelly right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
By the look of it, that's a Diamond Select USS Enterprise D, should be two battery compartments, one for the dish and one for the engineering section.

The Dish one is the shuttlebay, takes 3 or 4 watch batteries and should slide off backwards. The engineering hull battery compartment is where they have attached the stand to the base of the ship, there should be a small screw down there you can undo to access it.

This is all assuming they have not radically modified it for mounting on that stand however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I saw the the panel on the bottom, but it doesn't want to come off with removing JUST the screw. There are two other holes near it, I wasn't sure if that was key to accessing it. I'll check out the shuttlebay tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the enterprise glow in the dark? I looks like those little off white panels are glow paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
if it is the Diamond Select USS Enterprise D without much in the way of modification, the panels do not glow and are just painted white-ish for the escape pods.

I got my own one down from the shelf and pulled and unscrewed the panels:

Main Battery Compartment:

And when its opened:

Saucer battery compartment:

The panel comes off and you unscrew the one underneath and its 3 watch batteries in there. Given the mounting location of the stand, its highly liable they have modified the main battery compartment.

If it had been me I would have wired the batteries down to the base of the stand.

Does the saucer section separate on it? there are some solid magnets holding it in place on mine but it should detatch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This ship looks very similar to what you've got, Typheron. It doesn't glow in the dark, but the saucer does separate. It's definitely got magnets to hold the saucer in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I got the saucer panel open. I'll have to grab some LR44s tomorrow to try them out. For some reason, the middle panel is missing. As for the panel for the bottom of the hull, it looks like the bolt for the stand was put THROUGH it. From the lack of movement, it looks like the bolt might have been glued in place on the other side. Also, upon closer inspection, it seems the primary hull and the saucer are from two different ships. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there windows painted on the neck section under the saucer? if the answer is no, its highly liable that its a heavily modded Diamond Select one rather than two different D's. The mounting for the saucer is quite specific to the Diamond Select D and I would be surprised if they had bothered to mash 2 versions together.

Ill check my own later and see if you can take it apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon closer inspection, the windows are painted on like you said. The two dates both mention Diamond, the saucer is 2012 and the ventral hull is 2009. At least they're both older than 2013?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls