4 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: best medium box game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im having a friend bring over a game but her luggage space is limited so i cant order bigger stuff like eldritch horror or forbidden stars.

so im asking for suggestions for the best small to medium sized box game, even war games.

im not looking into anything in particular but ideally i want something thematic.

also these is a list of (great) games im not interested in getting since my group has them already or are readily available for play in cafes:

splendor
pandemic
machi koro
takenoko
fobidden series
lords of las vegas
dixit
alien frontiers
king of tokyo
elder signs
tsuro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are they traveling from/to. Your post reads like you are in a tough to reach location (at least for games).

Box size is a very vague requirement. How many people usually play in your group.

Is play time important to you?

You say you want thematic but a lot of the games listed are fairly abstract strategy games (splendor is the perfect example of pasted on themes...well peoples faces and gems, not even really a theme). What themes work well with your group.

Any games that have not worked well with your group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troyes more than likely but OOP right now but Matt is right, that's somewhat vague of a request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
Where are they traveling from/to. Your post reads like you are in a tough to reach location (at least for games).

Box size is a very vague requirement. How many people usually play in your group.

Is play time important to you?

You say you want thematic but a lot of the games listed are fairly abstract strategy games (splendor is the perfect example of pasted on themes...well peoples faces and gems, not even really a theme). What themes work well with your group.

Any games that have not worked well with your group?

sorry for the vagueness. im from the philippines. and the size requirement is more a function of my friend's limited space. the games i really want - blood rage, champions of midgard and the gallerist willbe brought over by relatives/friends who have more space to spare. thus, im fairly covered with what i want, and i wanted to hear more of a general suggestion kinda thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls