Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the idea of a Legacy game is that it changes based on gameplay from game to game and I know that Pandemic Legacy is designed for 12-24 games total.

How replay-able is Pandemic Legacy if I gave thought to buying a second copy? Are there items left unused in a campaign that might get activated in a second go-round? Or will all the same items get activated at the end of each month regardless of whether 1 or 2 games were played to get through the month?

Overall, I am not the type of person that remembers details too much. I don't worry about a slight change in cardbacks between base games and expansions, or whether a blemish to a component might give away hidden information. I'm ADD and probably won't notice except maybe if I play a second game immediately after the first game.

The follow-up question is: If you have played through an entire capping of Pandemic Legacy, do you think it would be worth investing in a second set to get a second play through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it's very replayable, if you're the type of person who likes to watch a movie more than once because you don't remember all the little details, and you really like Pandemic.

My wife tends not to remember small details in our entertainment, and we started a 2nd campaign while we were only 70% done with our first, and she was being re-surprised by things right out of the gate. The big plot items, you'll definitely remember those and see them coming, but you could use that to your advantage if you want and plan for them to give you a different experience as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: GeekChatterMicrobadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Rainbow
There are some elements in the game that would make it very hard to replay. However, it wouldn't be hard to houserule around those elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
PaulRadagast wrote:

The follow-up question is: If you have played through an entire capping of Pandemic Legacy, do you think it would be worth investing in a second set to get a second play through?
Only if I buy a notebook so I can play it without stickers, thereby making it easy to reset the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
Buying the original Pandemic and experimenting with various expansion modules will give you more replayability in the long term, for certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulRadagast wrote:

We're going to....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Fedak
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only partway through the campaign, but I've purchased a second copy to play through it again with a different set of friends. I'm going to let the new players make major decisions that way I don't guide the game too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
nyfilmfest wrote:
Buying the original Pandemic and experimenting with various expansion modules will give you more replayability in the long term, for certain.
or buy P:L and the expansions since they work fine together. best of both worlds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I would want to play the campaign again any time soon with the same set of people (which in my case is just another person), because I think knowing what's coming up - even if just the big thinks - could make you "optimize" long-term decisions too much, which I feel is not very much in spirit of the game, at least for me.

I wouldn't mind however playing this again with some other people and taking myself a bit out of the long-term decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
I don't think I would want to play the campaign again any time soon with the same set of people (which in my case is just another person), because I think knowing what's coming up - even if just the big thinks - could make you "optimize" long-term decisions too much, which I feel is not very much in spirit of the game, at least for me.

I wouldn't mind however playing this again with some other people and taking myself a bit out of the long-term decisions.
Well, we plan on balancing that by playing at a really high difficulty level (thinking 6 Virulent Strain Epidemic Cards at the moment). It will just add to the long term decision making which is one of my favorite aspects of the game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls