• [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest I've seen is in their news for 1st Nov

"U-Boat Leader 2nd edition and Gato Leader are nearing completion! We hope to send both to the printer by the end of the year. We will launch a Kickstarter for the games soon! "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very anxious to see what changes will be made to the second edition. It'll help me decide if I want to stick with the first edition I have or upgrade to the newer version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I knew when the game (and Gato Leader) where coming out. Really interested in these two. The Hunters is my go-to sub game --- SO GOOD!

I will keep watching for an update. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Richelieu
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EasyPickens wrote:
Wish I knew when the game (and Gato Leader) where coming out. Really interested in these two. The Hunters is my go-to sub game --- SO GOOD!

I will keep watching for an update. cry

In a reply to a comment on their Facebook page (check the Dec 15th comments to Phantom Leader annocement), they said that the Kickstarter for 2nd edition of U-Boat Leader & Gato Leader was due for January 2016.

Looking forward to it, but I am also curious about the changes from 1st to 2nd edition.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.verssen.games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't the kickstarter supposed to be early/mid December?

Just like the game was going to be re-released in 2013...then 2014...then 2015...now 2016?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the rerelease will include the changes in the errata and perhaps the optional rules (found on the DVG website). If that's all, I'll be content with my copy and the printouts. If any significant changes are made, I'd like to have a sneak peek of them before committing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there was some mention of a damage system being added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Richelieu
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
coil23 wrote:
Wasn't the kickstarter supposed to be early/mid December?

Just like the game was going to be re-released in 2013...then 2014...then 2015...now 2016?

I think they pushed it back a little (one month) because of the Phantom Leader Deluxe Kickstarter.

GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
I thought there was some mention of a damage system being added.

That would be great news!

I LOVE theme, and would like a game to complement the highly narrative gem that is The Hunters, which I deeply appreciate, with a more tactical approach. That being said, I am a bit concerned with the many reviews stating how easy the game is (sometimes even with the modified rules) and how the lone and "generic" stress counter for damage/fatigue/morale might hurt the immersion.

Don't get me wrong, I love my other other Leader series games like CAO & TAL, and I don't find Hornet's stress tokens to be anti-immersive, but I think it is mainly because the missions are quick and very different thematicaly than a 4 months submarine patrol...

Very curious about this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the kickstarter will be more EU friendly, but I fear it won't be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter should start next week.

It probably will be EU friendly as the Phantom Leader Deluxe was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing the new rulebook, it looks like they've added some different types of "Lasting Damage". Such as Electronics, Engine, Flooding (I like that one) Oil leak, Hull, Gun, Periscope, and Torpedo tubes.

I'd like to see an "UPDATE KIT" available for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
Seeing the new rulebook, it looks like they've added some different types of "Lasting Damage". Such as Electronics, Engine, Flooding (I like that one) Oil leak, Hull, Gun, Periscope, and Torpedo tubes.

I'd like to see an "UPDATE KIT" available for this.

Ooooh, an Update Kit would be nice! As is, I don't know if there's enough different to warrant me paying for the second edition (or if Gato Leader is different enough from U-boat Leader to get that too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the only updates are the damage counters and the new rulebook. It should be pretty easy to create an upgrade kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sundborg
United States
Carthage
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They ought to make an update kit as a Kickstarter goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
Looks like the only updates are the damage counters and the new rulebook. It should be pretty easy to create an upgrade kit.

I was thinking the same thing that it would be easy to make your own damage counters. I did not know if there are any card differences or additions. I have not read the whole new rulebook side by side with the 1.2 one to compare the differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvader wrote:
They ought to make an update kit as a Kickstarter goal

That's a good idea too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.