Alex B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Man, I really wish he'd organize his buildings; they're just in a pile. Put them in rows, for Pete's sake!Microbadge: ExpatriateMicrobadge: I prefer cold weather over hot weatherMicrobadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: Man, I really wish he'd stop organizing his pieces - they're all in rows. Put them in a pile, for Pete's sake!
I'd just like to check that I am playing this correctly if the following disasters take effect:

Drought (highest grain producing non-Civilization card)
Tempest (1/3 of landscapes)
Earthquake (1/3 of buildings)

When I cover the cards as appropriate, should I also mark which was lost specifically due to Drought?

This is the only way that I can be sure to remember exactly which cards to recover at the end of the game; a building could be lost to Drought/Earthquake or a landscape to Drought/Tempest.

For example:
I have four landscapes one of which is my highest grain producer. I lose that one to Drought. I acquire a new landscape then Tempest hits and knocks out two of my four uncovered landscapes (1/3 rounded up). By the end of the game I have protection from Tempest and can regain some of my landscapes for scoring. Now, unless I marked it, it's not clear which one I covered for Drought (which I can't recover) and which two I lost to Tempest (and can recover).

Obviously the same problem could be true if it was a building and Drought/Earthquake. It's a new use for grain markers from Caverna!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you mark the card lost to Drought but you need to cover it with a coin card placed horizontally to distinguish it from a card that has been lost due to another catastrophe. This is shown in the Drought diagram in the Catastrophe section of the rules, but not mentioned in the text (at least, not in the English rules).

Edit: I just checked and this horizontal orientation is also shown on the Drought tracker card.

Edit(2): It took a smarter person than me to spot this in our first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls