Subject: Worth Getting Now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had RotW for a while, but unused. I just bought the Western US part. Is it worth picking this up now?

Eagle has the base version for $40 and that plus an expansion (?) for $80.

What is worth it now? I would want to get the mega game variant, though I might never play it. Is this a good use for my money? How to get it if so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, this expansion gives you a good map for smaller layer counts 2-4 and extra times and rules for the transcontinental game.
Note: you don't the map fro this expansion in the transcontinental game. Just the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what the real difference between

http://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGL...

and

http://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGL...

is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
I think NA is one of the worst expansions. The map only works with exactly 3 people. And having to pay for the rules (and 12 cards) for the continental game is just obnoxious. If you want that, there are fan rules for using the East and West maps together that work as well as or better than the rules in NA. (I will admit, I've never tried combining the maps as I prefer my games end in 2 hours.)

Get Europe or Great Britain before even thinking about getting NA (or Rails Thru Time, which is just so-so.) Both are okay with 3, best with 4 and extreme with 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.