United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb

I just noticed the deluxe dice and was happy - as I had made my own with different symbols to help with colorblind use... Then I noticed the Deluxe Dice have the same engraving on every side (grrr)

Could someone with the deluxe dice post a picture of the red and green sides side by side so I can see if I can tell the difference in the shades they use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gypsy '66 / Spellbinder - Gabor Szabo
badge
Pastoralia - George Saunders
Microbadge: Fugitive fanMicrobadge: Whitehall Mystery fanMicrobadge: Little Wars centennial (1913-2013)Microbadge: Wargamer of 50+ yearsMicrobadge: I love reading to my grandchildren
I think you're seeing double.

(You've double posted identical threads - deleting your post in the other one before anyone responds to it would make it disappear and reduce clutter in the forum.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Montanus
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the black and blue dice difficult to distinguish in dim lighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are already some pictures in the gallery.

I also found some custom die with different symbols:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Mâcon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm color blind, and with sun light I could see the difference between green and red, but with bulbs (I have halogens) there was absolutely no way for me to see which of these face it was.
I painted the red face with a brighter red and now I'm quite fine. These dice a more prone to endless spin on one of their corner which sometimes fits very well in tense situations.

But if you want to get them merely for colors... forget it. And it is true that blue and black might appear the same, depending on light and angle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nomrefuse wrote:
Well I'm color blind, and with sun light I could see the difference between green and red, but with bulbs (I have halogens) there was absolutely no way for me to see which of these face it was.
I painted the red face with a brighter red and now I'm quite fine. These dice a more prone to endless spin on one of their corner which sometimes fits very well in tense situations.

But if you want to get them merely for colors... forget it. And it is true that blue and black might appear the same, depending on light and angle.
Somebody took the original dice, and affixed colored stickers that not only had the correct color, but also the correct symbol that would match with its Tao Token. E.g., yellow has a bowl of rice, blue has mirror, red has the incense, black has coins. Nevermind color blind or not. That looks like it was nice for everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls