Hide
5 Posts

Onirim (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I rearrange the tower cards on the table? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nupul K
msg tools
It seems this is not really allowed, but it's not clear if rearranging the tower cards is disallowed.

It's really hard to remember which symbol cards have gone as well as to predict how the cards should be arranged so as to successfully evolve an alignment. AFAIK you must have 4 towers of the same color back to back in a running sequence. You may have upto 2 of the same color.

But additions and deletions may cause you to land up with 4 tower cards which are incompatible with each other, but rearranging them would fix the issue.

So, can I rearrange? Seems not but not sure. If not, then what's a good strategy of laying them out and evolving them into a successful alignment, with a high probability of correctness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: Antike Duellum fanMicrobadge: GeekModderMicrobadge: Gold game player. At least 5,000 logged game plays!
In the Onirim Tower expansion, I don't allow myself to rearrange Tower cards, no. It's winnable without that ability, and I don't see where the rules would allow for it. I have found myself losing for the reason you give, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nupul K
msg tools
I thought so too. I usually play it with "Book of steps..." and it makes it quite challenging. But I have to spend a greater deal of forethought on the tower arrangements than any other aspect of the game. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nupul K
msg tools
Onirim, Towers expansion. I'm sure it belongs here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls