Hide
7 Posts

Fury of Dracula (Third/Fourth Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Encounter Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil James
msg tools
Apologies up front. No one else has asked this question; so I know its me.

The rules say that Dracula plays an Encounter Card on the new location; and I can't find any other point where these are applied to Hideouts. How do some do some hideouts have multiple Encounter Cards? Can he place more than one card on the new location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Imperial 2030 fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Cyclades fanMicrobadge: Sons of Anarchy fanMicrobadge: Quartermaster General: 1914: Sustain Sea Battle: You battle an enemy Navy... However, the war will be won on land.
Move Dracula. Play location in first place in trail. Add encounter. It's now a hideout.

Another encounter card is added if it becomes a lair. Another if the lair goes back to the trail (ie Dracula moves there and becomes a hideout again).

Rules are pretty clear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sekigahara: Unification of Japan fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fan

There is also an Event which allows Dracula to place an Encounter on a Hideout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil James
msg tools
So multiple Encounter Cards are only possible using the Advanced Rules?

That makes sense. I guess I thought since the LTP Guide mentioned it, it was a possibility in the base game, too.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Emerson, Lake & PalmerMicrobadge: Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds fanMicrobadge: Prog Rock fanMicrobadge: Yes fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fan
philjames3838 wrote:
So multiple Encounter Cards are only possible using the Advanced Rules?

That makes sense. I guess I thought since the LTP Guide mentioned it, it was a possibility in the base game, too.

Thank you
There are a few event cards in the deck that allow extra encounters to be added to the early spaces in the trail (Hidden Schemes, Dracula's Brides). These could come up when not using Advanced rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil James
msg tools
Event Cards... feeling stupid. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary EditionMicrobadge: I backed Western Legends on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Sleepy Hollow fan - Headless HorsemanMicrobadge: Lewis & Clark fanMicrobadge: Village fan
gamedog wrote:

There is also an Event which allows Dracula to place an Encounter on a Hideout.
There is an event

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls