Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the Ice Age card, "Each Animal scores bonus VPs based on the total number of tiles it currently dominates."
What does this means?
All the tiles that have a dominance marker will be scored but only by the person that has the dominance marker in the tile? Or is the tile going to be scored as usual with the first, second and third place?

Example:
If I have a dominance marker on a water tile, have currently second place in number of species and the Ice age is grabbed, I will score 5 points only or is the other animal going to score 9 also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count the number of tiles where you have a dominance marker.
Check on the bonus VP track how many VPs you gain based on that number.

(This is similar to when you place a terrain tile and score based on adjacent terrain tiles, but can lead to much higher VP counts)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Reiner Knizia fanMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: San Diego Padres fanMicrobadge: I'm an old school Dungeon Master
For the Ice Age card, you aren't scoring for population. You are just counting the number of dominance cones for each player and scoring the pointss according to the chart.

At game's end in that same round, you score every tile for population based on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place on every tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalakazo wrote:
I have a question about the Ice Age card, "Each Animal scores bonus VPs based on the total number of tiles it currently dominates."
What does this means?
All the tiles that have a dominance marker will be scored but only by the person that has the dominance marker in the tile? Or is the tile going to be scored as usual with the first, second and third place?

Example:
If I have a dominance marker on a water tile, have currently second place in number of species and the Ice age is grabbed, I will score 5 points only or is the other animal going to score 9 also?
You are scoring DOMINANCE not population.

Ice age has nothing to do with population and tile scoring. It's easy to get this confused because the "Domination" action has such a similar name, but during that action you are scoring the "TILE" based on population, and Dominance determines who must play the card.

Neither of your examples is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much guys! We were so confused saturday we played our first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As said earlier you score bonus for # of dominated tiles for each player.

You score points for population at the end of the turn that the Ice Age card was taken finishing any Dominance actions still left for all the tiles on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls